Salt flats addict

GoldenMotor.com

Dbug41

Jul 21, 2010
Clearfield Utah
hello my name is Doug...

I live in Utah and built my frist Bike in July 2010
I then rode it all over the salt flats during Speed Week and World of Speed

this thing HAULS on 110 octane race gas.shft.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's one fine example of ingenuity, Doug. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum.
What kind of response did your three wheeler get with the Speed Week crowd?
Tom

Dbug41

Jul 21, 2010
Clearfield Utah

I hand fabricated the platform sidecar to help me pick up traffic cones when we shift the lanes out on the Salt Flats during the competition

as you can see here it folds up very nicely

all i have to do now is get the new fenders and get it pin stripped:)

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
so, what do i need to do to set the motorized bicycle land speed record?

besides go really fast, i mean.

i'm totally serious.

if you have some info, like what classes they'd run in, and the basics on signing up, safety equipment, whatever else, please start a new thread, or PM me...

awesome fold-uppable bike, by the way!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
thanks, that helps with some stuff.

the thing is, since we're riding modified bicycles, there are so many motorcycle equipment requirements that can't be done to our bikes (speed rated tires, for one example.)

i know people have run motorized bikes there before, so i know i can make a bike that's compliant with all the rules, i just need to know what those rules are.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Nice bike and I love the side car. The thing I really like is that if you blow a spark plug on either machine you can just take one from the other. Ha, one of very few vehicles that the china girl plugs are interchangable with. Side note.....While looking for a cross referace guide for plugs on the china girl motors amazon had an ad for plugs then gave an option to check what vehicles that plug fit. 63 VW bug uses that same plug along with a couple other model years. Good to know if your in the auto parts store and there is a wet behind the ears parts guy there and you know what plug you need but he graduated from the special class in high school and dosnt know a ball joint from a tie rod. Gonna post part of this in the general disc area, maybe it will help someone. Btw welcome to a great forum, lots of answers and a lot of great people. Hope you enjoy.

Dbug41

Jul 21, 2010
Clearfield Utah
Thanks for the kind words guys I really appriciate it
as far as the rules go you need to get one of these

everything you want to know is in there along with contact #'s for questions you can order a book at the SCTA website