Hello Forum!

GoldenMotor.com

Scrill

Nov 26, 2010
Burbank, Ca.
I've been stalking for weeks now. Figured I'd join because this little obsession doesn't seem to be going away. I have learned a lot from all of your posts and am much appreciative.

So, I bought mine off Craigslist. Micargi Stealth. All black and I love it. Raw Motors 80cc. I added a vintage headlight (Nirve) looks good..works bad. I want to modify with a more powerful light. Right now I am riding almost exclusively at night about 7 miles round trip to work.

Also added a rear rack and trunk as well as a front brake. Bought a DOT helmet and Kryptonite lock. Adding turn signals and a back up light this week.

A weird thing was happening with my carburetor so i just bought a new one. Since then I have much more power and am happy. I think I wound it out too much and now the engine seems to run much louder. It rattles/clanks. Doesn't seem to have lost any power.

I have read many possibilities as to what it might be and am addressing them one by one.

This bike seems to need some bearings in the cranks because it is loose, and the coaster brake has a lot of play in it before it kicks in.

Considering the amount of money I have into this this already, I wish I would have built from scratch. I just wanted to make sure I had a genuine interest in this before I started investing time and money into it. Boy am I interested! I think I am going to build one anyway!