First time Motorbicycler!

GoldenMotor.com

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
Well, my kit is due to be in next week (Grubee 2010 66cc) and I am anxious to get started.

I plan on using the recommended (by this site) 24:1 break in for two gallons and not worry too much about its mixture or how it runs until it has a few regular gallons through it.

Hopefully this will run reliably and be a good mode of transportation next year when I will only be working a little over 4 miles from home. Its a very hilly stretch of 4 miles though, so I need her to run well. :)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum Tippyman. There is nothing more exciting and rewarding than assembling a kit and taking that first ride(^)

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
Just finished the install and went for a short ride. Occasionally will have good power at 3/4 to full throttle, but with the choke off it runs like crap.

The engine also will not idle at all. Unless I'm going pretty fast it just wont stay running. It's dead the second I put the clutch in.

The whole "choke on/runs better" led me to believe its an intake leak. (ie. only runs good with alot of fuel.) I took the manifold off and put Honda-Bond on the intake gasket. When I went to tighten it back down, I noticed the studs were loose. I removed them completely and used bolts instead. Hopefully this'll solve my problem!

Tippyman

Aug 1, 2010
Virginia
Well it seems I have the opposite problem now.

It's constantly four stroking, and if the choke is on it will barely run or move. It will run poorly with occasional normal 2-stroking until the upper rpms with the choke off.

Still no idle...