2nd attempt at saying hi...

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Hey all...been lurking for a few weeks-this is a way cool site!

A little about myself....

I am a 50 year old guy with 12 year old insides-been riding bikes since I've been 4 years old and there ain't nothing better in the world.

A couple of years ago, I started to develop arthritis in my knees and it severely limited my ability to do much cycling.

I was playing around with the idea of buying a scooter but decided to buy a motor kit for one of my bikes.

So far, I couldn't be happier with the Mitsubishi 2 stroke motor. It will take me up to 35 mph on flat ground which is plenty fast for me....I just like the assistance on hills and the ability to ride 20 or 30 miles from my house and not have to worry about my knees giving out on me.

I gotta say...you guys are about the friendliest folks out there. I am a pastry chef by trade and a part time computer consultant, so I spend a fair amount of time on computer related message boards.....I don't think I found a single rude comment anywhere here-I sure wish I could say the same about computer geeks:)

Anyways....I look forward to participating in some of the message boards and if anyone has any computer related stuff they need help with- shoot me an email at george.mcnally AT gmail.com

Seeya around like a donut:)

George

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o.o

i r a 'puter geek, whadda tryin' ta say? :p

Good ta have ya here donutguy, I "fixed" yer intro title BTW as it seems you've gotten it to work.

I defo love the gray & black theme and I'm digging how the rack bag blends the engine - makin' the bike look "factory" somehow (^)

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Good stuff.....I've been making donuts, pies, breads, bagels etc for 35 years (since I was 16) and every day is different.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Oh my....When I first started working in pastry arts-I ate everything that wasn't bolted down.

I gained A LOT of weight and took me quite awhile to lose most of it.

I don't think putting a motor on my bike is gonna help but I enjoy getting out and smelling the flowers.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
o.o

i r a 'puter geek, whadda tryin' ta say? :p

Good ta have ya here donutguy, I "fixed" yer intro title BTW as it seems you've gotten it to work.

I defo love the gray & black theme and I'm digging how the rack bag blends the engine - makin' the bike look "factory" somehow (^)
Thanks for fixing my post and yes-I like that paint scheme quite a bit as well. I have a few thousand miles on the bike already, but since my knee surgery-I've put on zero miles.

I hope that changes this spring brnot

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Funny you should say that about cops and donuts.....I do have a few regular customers that are in law enforcement and that stereotype is way outdated.

Most of the cops around here are in good shape and most of them stick to whole grain bagels and such.

jjstanza

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Just couldn't resist the donut/cop reference. I hope I didn't offend anyone. I have a good friend on the freeway patrol here and he doesn't like donuts either. I was on a "Ride Along" with him one night and and we stopped this guy for speeding and he had the "Bad Cop! No Donut!" bumper sticker on his car. Well let's just say things didn't go well for that guy that night.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Oh yeah....those bumper stickers are *not* a good idea. Pretty much guaranteeing yourself a ticket instead of a warning if you get pulled over.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Welcome Donutguy. I Always Eat Desert First! Lol At Least, Thats What My Mother Always Said. Your Bike Looks Great. At 35 Mph With The Small Engine, That Makes The Friction Drives More Efficient Than Expected. What Brand Is Your Drive? My First Bike Is A Friction Drive, 49 Cc With A 1 1/4" Roller. Clocked It At 35 Mph With 180 Lb Rider. Have Not Rode The Friction Drive For Over A Yr But It Never Gave Any Problems. Ron .cvlt1

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
My set up is from Stanton.....43 cc Mitsubishi with the same size roller. One difference maybe that I am running 29'er wheels with 2.2 smooth Marathon Plus tires....might be giving me a higher effective gear ratio.

I run 93 octane Citgo gas with 35 to 1 gas oil ratio (still breaking motor in) I kinda have the feeling it will hit 40 miles MPH. I am going to switch over to Opti-2 oil when I go through the gasoline I have mixed up.

To be honest-I didn't expect it to be quite as fast as it is-I would have been happy with 20mph tops. 50 year old bones don't heal nearly as fast as 20 year old bones:)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Donut, Much Older Than You!! Where Did The Yrs Go!! With Friction Drive The Roller Circumference Is The Only Thing That Counts. The Distance Around The Roller Is How Far You Will Travel Per Motor Revolution. The Mitsubishi 43cc Is The First Engine I Ordered Almost 2 Yrs Ago. It Is Still In The Box. Hard To Find These Days. It Took 3 Months To Get From Viza Motors In Az. Paid Him With Paypal, But They Could Not Help Me As It Was Bought Outside Of Ebay! By That Time I Had Other Engines. There Is A Long Running Thread "friction Drive". Your Build Would Look Good In There. Thanks For Sharing. Ron .cvlt1