2 stroke straight pipe

GoldenMotor.com

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Good Morning Crabdance, I'm not sure if you've seen these pipes. Pipelyne/Santa Cruz Scooter Works has been making expansion chambers for decades. Here's a reasonably priced pipe.

http://motorbicycling.com/f23/new-scsw-tuned-pipes-sale-189.html
Hi Easy Rider, No I hadn't seen those. They look nice. But I have to tell you that getting into the idea of making my own. No offense against what anyone else might have. It may be that I'm biting off more than I can chew but I'm going to find out if it's possible to make my own. Can't really lose 'cause my neighbor will be doing all the work. Me... I'm the brains behind it all (lol)...

I appreciate your help. I can't believe that everyone is being so helpful about this... thanks everyone!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
No Problem, I know its fun building pipes and twisting them yourself. I've done a couple at Pipelyne. I always love seeing new pipe designs. Good luck and if I'll be happy to help in anyway.

crabdance

May 16, 2008
No Problem, I know its fun building pipes and twisting them yourself. I've done a couple at Pipelyne. I always love seeing new pipe designs.
Thanks for understand Easy Rider. It's going to be fun 'cause I have no idea what I doing lol... I have an idea now though. I watched a video this morning on howstuffworks.com and it showed how a car muffler works. I'm guessing that a bike muffler should work the same way (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm heading to my neighbor's house right now and talk to him some more about the muffler and get some ideas. He's great to bounce ideas off of. Be back in a minute... thanks for all the help!

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Car mufflers/exhaust are 4 stroke, 2 stroke pipes are a completely different animal. There is a lot of science that goes into a 2 stroke pipe. Search online for 2 stroke tuners handbook and it will give you all the science you need to design a 2 stroke tuned pipe.

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Car mufflers/exhaust are 4 stroke, 2 stroke pipes are a completely different animal. There is a lot of science that goes into a 2 stroke pipe. Search online for 2 stroke tuners handbook and it will give you all the science you need to design a 2 stroke tuned pipe.
Hi Ghost... thanks for the info about 4 stroke vs. 2 stroke. I will check that out when I get through posting this.

Well I just talked to my neighbor about this and was surprised to find that he thinks it's too big of a job to tackle. He thinks we would have to part some of the job out and it would be a lot of work. So I guess I'm on my own about this... and NO I don't know how to weld. This really sux... So... I don't know what's going to happen now.. have to back up and think about all of this. Maybe I can get the pocket bike muffler and do some small changes to it... don't know. Anyway thanks for listening to me everyone. Sorry I ran into a brick wall after all this talk about everything.

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Guys the video was live not recorded sorry about that.
As for the patterns I have they are paper. I was planning on selling them and it would be by mail I'd have to make copies of them what would be a fair price? There is no garrentee you would like or be able to make them work either. My bikes are withthe pipes are on this forum but I don't know where its gotten big but if you look you will see them.
Building one of these pipe will take you about 2 days of work it is not real easy I hand roll the sheet metal and its all hand fitted so the end product isn't show room stuff unless you like to grind and sand and polish etc.
I'll look and see if I can find pictures here of my bike.
Crusier had a real nice picture of his bike after he put the pipe on.
Another thing you can find tuned pipes on ebay and with a gas welder cut and modify them to fit your bike and remember if you need extra metal there is nothing wrong with going to a auto body shop and asking for the skins to make the extra parts you need.
Hi Norman.. don't think I have the money to buy your plans. Sorry about that. What I have are a lot of dreams and very little money lol... hang on to them though because I know someone will come along that can afford them. Thanks for all the info... I'm having to rethink everything now that my neighbor has said that he won't go for it.

thanks

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead

motorbike ratt

Dec 11, 2008
Hendersonville,Tn.
I pulled the the baffle out of my 80cc 2 stroke bicycle engine kit,Its sound really good.seem to have more power.question...Does anyone know if the engine will be wanting more intake air.sence it's blowing more air out the exhaust?Thanks