Ok, now I'm confused..

GoldenMotor.com

Apr 24, 2009
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Alright, so I got a Bikeberry 50cc engine a few weeks ago. It came with a 50cc sticker on the engine, and shipped in a RAW box, (but no RAW emblem.) Now that I look at it, it doesn't look like the 50cc engine shown on the website, instead, it looks like the 80cc! Did I get the right motor?

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is a 49cc engine. Both. Under threat of torture you tell them; "49cc, 30 MPH tops and I vote Republican." (in AZ, 20 MPH)

wut?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
All china bike engines are definitely 49cc.... 25mps max... and pass epa regulation. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember, in spite of Nancy Palosi and her bully boys, you are still innocent until proven guilty. Who, in their right minds, care enough to go to the trouble to prove you guilty of a motor bike regulation. It would have to be a real tree hugger of a DA to have that motor taken apart and measured. Remember they have to make it run again if they strip it down to measure.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That's an 80 which is really 69cc's.

I would- a.) not worry about it and tell anyone who asks it's a 50cc, or b.) tell them you want them to exchange it for the right engine....good luck.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
I had something like that a while back, a 49cc that looked like an 80.. Had to take the cylinder head off to be certain. The head is the same squarish shape like the 80cc as opposed to the more rounded head of the 49cc but it was still a 49. Have to say that it was very reliable motor and did atleast 7000 miles on it.

hammerhead

Jan 3, 2009
michigan
That is a 50cc. You can tell buy the head bolts they all stick up above the head. And the small outside head fin,the fin on the 80cc is longer and only two of the head bolts stick up above the head. Both of my 80cc engines came from bike berry none of which had a raw sticker on them but came in a raw box. Hope this helps.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you honestly want to know what you have, there is only one way to go about finding out. Remove the cylinder head and accurately measure the bore and stroke of your engine. Cooling fin shape, head bolts, decals and theory will prove nothing. You have to measure to be sure...its the only way. But then if you simply want to be legal...then it is a 49cc. Arguments anyone?
Tom