The "China-Man" rip-off

GoldenMotor.com

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Hi Y'all ... Ron here from Ronzworld Motorized Cycle .... I realize it has been a little while since I actually got on here and 'voiced' my opinion but after I opened and read this 'sales email' from one of my "X" suppliers' in China I just had ta pass it along so all could see .... Fred.. you might find this of interest as well ...
Please ... Read on through the e-mail he sent , the first part of it is pretty much the normal stuff ... BUT .. check out the 'Extra parts' sales section "and do take note to the 'BOLD' statement in regards to the "Fred head copy" !! Just like that .. they are even calling it what it is !!
Anyways ... here it is ...

Sales Promotion for the Skyhawk bicycle engine kit
Inbox
x

Poppy
Feb 3 (9 days ago)

to me
Dear Friend,

This is Poppy. We are the unique supplier of Skyhawk in China. Our motor kit is the USA design and CNC machined with best quality.

1) FOB Shanghai price
The 80cc engine kit, also called 66cc, price is usd70/set
Minimum quantity is 30 kits.

2) Sales Promotion
If you buy 100 kits at one time, we can do the price at usd68/set FOB Shanghai, China
Sales discount only for Jan and Feb

3) Delivery time
6-8 days after get the payment

4) Payment term
We accept TT (bank transfer), Western Union and Paypal (have Paypal fee)

Do you have any purchase plan recently? If yes, hope you can try some of our kit. I am sure you will love it.

New Spare Parts Arrival!
-Jackshaft kit $67/pc -Copy Fred Cylinder Head $27/pc
-New chain idler assy $7.5/pc - Bicycle Alum frame with Fuel Tank $75/pc(MOQ 50pcs)

--
Best regards,
Poppy
Sales Manager

Jilin CDHPOWER Technology Co.Ltdoice your opinions and concerns , and by all means throw in a word or two for our fellow enthusiast Fred who has put in contless hours and energy too this hobby we share ....

*** There ya go ... what do you think of that guys ?? ***

** Please voice your opinions and concerns , and by all means throw in a word or two for our fellow enthusiast Fred who has put in countless hours and energy too this hobby we share .... ** Best too all in the up-coming season !!

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
link to a video I saw recently of a haphazard, non-specifically, copied handgun from china from the 1920s
This is basically life in the big city in china, it seems predatory towards north-american businesses unless you consider the following: selling these copies to north american customers is a secondary business model for the manufacturers in china. the primary concern for the Chinese manufacturer is to sell these to other people in china who cannot afford to ship an actual Fred-head/ may not have the ability to do so. by producing the copy locally they are able to sell it at an affordable cost locally, and the economic differences between Asia and north america means that often they can turn a profit with some additional smaller volume sales to North-Americans.

also consider that in general china does not generally enforce or facilitate the enforcement of internationally declared copyrights or patents. to a man who owns a machine shop, that means making a copy like this is not illegal in any way, neither is attempting to sell it overseas. I am not in any way justifying this stuff, I am trying to explain how it happens. I am also trying to point out that ultimately being upset at an individual buisness owner from china is not productive in regards to the issue at hand, the international market and the way the chinese government acts within is are responsible for this, just as to some degree the north american economy is also responsible as well.
a situation like is is unfortunately many times more complex than "this dude is making a forgery"
case in point, the pistol in the link above is a very badly designed handgun, that is based randomly on features seen on foreign weapons. but the build is fantastic, the machining is precise and done with care. a bit of a paradox, unless you consider that at the time china was having lots of trouble importing anything, food or arms. a talented machinist with a modest shop was being drawn into a new field, gunsmithy.
That gunsmith probably went far with his skills, I hope he learned how to build a sight.
But I would rather be able to acquire an actual German handgun.

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Well good ta hear some input for sure !!
and now ain't that just the truth ... Just cause it 'looks like' doesn't mean that it performs like !!
and yes America .... it is totally up too us as consumers too make certain that we buy USA made products where ever and when ever possible ! I know that the China-man mass produces this stuff at 'slasve labour' pay rates and they turn around and retail it out for a 1/3 or so of what we Americans can even afford ta build the same product for .... but ... that answers our problem at the same time ... "Qaulity" is where it all starts and ends !!