Hello from 5150 ft elevation

GoldenMotor.com

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Hey guys and gals I'm excited to be a new forum member. Recently I've been riding a couple bikes that my friend has, one is a 1000 w electric and the other a 2 stroke. Over this winter I'll be building my wife an electric bike and I'll start myself off with a 2 stroke.

I introduced myself with my current elevation knowing that folks like us suffer from different problems than lower areas when it comes to naturally aspirated motors.

Anyways, I've read tons of pages here (actually fallen asleep at my keyboard lol) and I like that everyone gets along, minds their manners etc. Hope to see you around the forum.

Dan.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy and welcome from 1200 ft elevation!!

This is a great site with lots of helpful folks. There's lots of info here that I wished I had known about before I did my build......may have done a few things differently.

I plan on hauling my bike to northern New Mexico at the end of September. A couple of the places are above 8000 ft. Should be interesting to see how she'll run!

Best of luck in your builds.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome from 6000 msl. Yep, we have special problems. The most common is getting a carburetor to perform at this altitude but going smaller on the main jet usually takes care of things.

Don't expect neck snapping performance from a 2 stroke, at least until you put few miles on it. But it sounds like you have some experience to draw from so I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

We're glad you've joined us and keep us informed on the progress of your builds.

Tom

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Hi this is Dan from 9000 feet and yes we have a special set of problems up here. But we also get a special set of views. Glad you joined us.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Howdy and welcome from 1200 ft elevation!!

This is a great site with lots of helpful folks. There's lots of info here that I wished I had known about before I did my build......may have done a few things differently.

I plan on hauling my bike to northern New Mexico at the end of September. A couple of the places are above 8000 ft. Should be interesting to see how she'll run!

Best of luck in your builds.
Thank you. All I can say is bring some extra jets with you! At my elevation my 2 stroke dirtbikes run fine after replacing the jets, if I go up on our mountain they hardly even start.

Welcome to the forum .
Thanks, great to be here. Checked out your page, Im also a guitarist! Gigging is my other hobby lol.

Welcome from 6000 msl. Yep, we have special problems. The most common is getting a carburetor to perform at this altitude but going smaller on the main jet usually takes care of things.

Don't expect neck snapping performance from a 2 stroke, at least until you put few miles on it. But it sounds like you have some experience to draw from so I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

We're glad you've joined us and keep us informed on the progress of your builds.

Tom
Tom,
Just ordered my kit and the motor comes with a SHA Clone carb. Seems to run good in my buddies Arrow motor we just installed last night so hopefully it works well with a stock motor. That kit comes with a jet kit so hopefully Im plug and play .wee.

Hi this is Dan from 9000 feet and yes we have a special set of problems up here. But we also get a special set of views. Glad you joined us.
Wish I had a special view from here, Casper is more a high plains area. Think tumbleweeds....

Welcome to the forum! I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
So far I LOVE IT HERE!