about to take the plunge

GoldenMotor.com

superherg

May 31, 2011
nampa idaho
hey guys lookin at the worksmen inb bike and need a 48cc to be legal in idaho 4 stroke wont fit whats the best 48/49 cc out there as far as reliability? grubee seems popular but want to hear first hand ...cheers superherg

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
hey guys lookin at the worksmen inb bike and need a 48cc to be legal in idaho 4 stroke wont fit whats the best 48/49 cc out there as far as reliability? grubee seems popular but want to hear first hand ...cheers superherg
Grubee is just a brand of the same engine that everyone buys- it means nothing. Don't buy a 49cc, cops don't know the differance between a 49cc and a 66/80cc (they cost the same)- just tell them it's a 49cc if you get stopped. I doubt they'll ship the whole thing off to CSI:Miami to forsenically determine the truth!!

I'll tell you what they don't tell you. It takes approximately 6-10 hours to install the kit if everything goes right and then another 100+ hours of tinkering/get things perfect and then infinite amounts of time thereafter fixing things that break/stop working or fall off when you're riding.

If you're looking for an endless frustrating experience- you've found it!
But I still love it and would do it all over again- no I wouldn't.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Grubee is just a brand of the same engine that everyone buys- it means nothing. Don't buy a 49cc, cops don't know the difference between a 49cc and a 66/80cc (they cost the same)- just tell them it's a 49cc if you get stopped. I doubt they'll ship the whole thing off to CSI:Miami to forensically determine the truth!!

I'll tell you what they don't tell you. It takes approximately 6-10 hours to install the kit if everything goes right and then another 100+ hours of tinkering/get things perfect and then infinite amounts of time thereafter fixing things that break/stop working or fall off when you're riding.

If you're looking for an endless frustrating experience- you've found it!
But I still love it and would do it all over again- no I wouldn't.

So funny but sadly looking to be true. :)

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
Don't get me wrong, i love my bike and will replace everything twice, maybe even thrice. But know what you're getting into- it's a mechanical commitment.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
I like it a lot. The Distance ride is my thing. Once on I want to do some distance!

It makes travelling much more interesting then a car.

So join with the rest.. We band of riders have fun.