Love my Bike but...

GoldenMotor.com

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
This is just crazy talk, IMO. They bolts shouldn't bend, either. I've used 10.9 and 12.9 and they never broke or bent. If you had problems with breaking, you didn't go with a high enough grade.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet he really was trying to say "It's better if we can eliminate either the bending or breaking, here's my suggestion etc, etc.
http://www.nightingale.com/prod_detail~product~5_Essential_People_Skills.aspx
dance1

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I know MV...
It's on the edge of hi-speed insanity!

CG, seems to me you are expecting a little too much from a discount offering.
These things are CHEEP, and will require a certain amount of attention under even the best of circumstances. In simple English, that means constant maintenance and upgrades.

There's probably no way to escape it.

There's a strong probability you are expecting too much performance from the little critter. Maybe... if you could be easier on it, there would be less problems?

Excuse me for saying so, but perhaps you would be happier with a front line motor scooter from one of the big guys?

It really does boil down to 'you get what you pay for'.

CG, I'm just being honest as I can...
rc

Vespa, Yamaha, Honda....

Crazy Grandma

Jun 8, 2011
mission viejo, ca
Sorry you're having so many problems, Crazy Grandma!

I've only really had my finished bike for the first few days, so maybe I shouldn't be saying anything. But one of my mount bolts broke off inside the motor, so it took me a long time to drill holes into the motor and bolt on a mounting plate. Also a few days ago my chain jumped off and I spent a few hours using plyers to get the chain out from between the sprocket and the spokes.

I'd say with these kits, it's best to replace whatever parts you can with better quality parts. Pretty much anything you get from a hardware store or an automotive shop is going to be better no matter what. Some things weren't worth the trouble of finding replacements, like some of the studs, but I wish I used better bolts the first time than the ones that came in the kit. The petcocks are kinda tricky. Mine was leaking gas right out of the switch(not around the edges of the tubing). But the next day I used it and it was completely fine. I have no idea why.
Yeah I finally found a new friend that rides. I need to find a new chain cause its pulling everthing to the right. Also it seems my rpm are running high. Shes got some power though sweet.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Honesty Ernst we should hang out I do love my bike I just wish I understood her better. Guess it comes with time.

Well now that I experienced a group ride ( two MB and a Wizzer ) I can say that the going is great and if you share lunch or drinks along the way it makes it fantastic.

I do agree that we all have to learn to do mechanical work if we are serious.

I learned about coils (cdi) and magneto so I'm exposed to dealing with the basic electric.
We all need to get familiar so we can do as much as possible on our own.

To me riding distance is also about carrying parts and tools now. I have that new heavy duty tube and a patch kit plus everything except a stubby large slot screwdriver to hold the chain tensioner. I am looking for a short stubby large slot screw driver is anyone knows where on can be found.

i don't know. I find my bucket next to the bike in the quiet of the yard soothing and i decided right away that no mater what I would place my mind in a peaceful place when I need to fix any problem.
Adding new lights or such may mean some tunes on the radio and a cold beer for me.. Take time to enjoy these things.
As was suggested if we are not willing to work things out and take the hit on break downs then it's better to get a scooter or larger but if we like to be different then here we are.

I have good things to say about my kit and I have complaints on the quality of things but it is bicycle and up which means that some things are not designed for heavy duty such as the electronics of my turn signal horn by Acclaim Link The light part works but the sound-electronics came apart and the soldering looks as if a child did it.

Still I have the use of brake lights and turn signals which is a huge bonus in cool. I will buy better but I don't see much for sale.

So yeah C.G. I'd love to Hang and ride.. Perhaps we like this as grown ups because it speaks to our inner child. I like it and like distance riding. That satisfies a need for accomplishing a goal while it satisfies me to get out of the house in a way driving a car never does.

We can go to the lake or go to the river but it's dull between leaving and arriving where making it on MB means arriving is a celebration and returning a hope :)

Last edited: