So close to Home

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
I was coming home from Micky D's yesterday morning, and I saw a guy at a yard sale with a red bike...and mounted in it was the biggest blackest engine I'd seen. Obviously not a happy time. So I pulled over and chatted with him about it (I'm sure he was use to it). Turns out it was a 5HP engine from a garden tiller he'd had. And it was a pull start, and he had it on a belt drive setup.

Very cool. He said his top speed was 25~30mph, and he hadn't calculated his MPG yet. I showed him my MB and mentioned these forums, but he didn't look like the kind of guy who even owned a computer. Old farmer brown type. Overalls, missing tooth, you know, the Arkansas works! :rolleyes:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
er er I'm one of those North Carolina good old boys. I probably look pretty much the red neck in my greasy shirt and shorts or my rags that I work in around the house. And I build bikes out non conventional motors.

I guess I am the guy you met, except I have a computer even though my skills are limited.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
er er I'm one of those North Carolina good old boys. I probably look pretty much the red neck in my greasy shirt and shorts or my rags that I work in around the house. And I build bikes out non conventional motors.

I guess I am the guy you met, except I have a computer even though my skills are limited.

On occasion I have been called a Jewish Hillbilly rotfl but I am very computer literate,:D

When i am working on stufdf I wear dirty grungy riped clothes that just so i don't ruin my fancy duds rotfl
I have learnt don't judge a book by it's cover.

Last edited: