newbie reporting for duty

GoldenMotor.com

spikevanhorn

May 9, 2010
"Burque"
Hello all, name is Spike. I'm brand new to motorized bikes, waiting to receive my first motor (66cc skyhawk). I am looking forward to joining your growing ranks and "tearing up" the streets of Albuquerque. Catch you all on the flipside.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi Spike, solid motor choice, running one myself, Grubee makes good motors.
Check your local laws, in Phoenix 48cc is the max to remain legally still a bicycle.
If it is the same there that's OK, since the 48cc and 66cc look identical and top out the same (same RPM's and usually the same sprockets) it is easy to disguise.
The one main difference you will see between the 48 and 66 is the low end.
The 66's get up and go a lot quicker ;-}

spikevanhorn

May 9, 2010
"Burque"
Just got my engine kit today, doing a once over on the engine and components. I am waiting on some additional parts (better spark plug & boot, better hardware, and a front brake) getting excited. I think I'm gonna take it nice and slow with this first build, probably gonna paint the engine while I wait for parts. This site is definitely gonna save my @$$ with all the first time/ pre-build info. Thanks to all that came before me and provided this wealth of knowledge.

good vibrations

Mar 30, 2010
denva, calarada
Just got my engine kit today, doing a once over on the engine and components. I am waiting on some additional parts (better spark plug & boot, better hardware, and a front brake) getting excited. I think I'm gonna take it nice and slow with this first build, probably gonna paint the engine while I wait for parts. This site is definitely gonna save my @$$ with all the first time/ pre-build info. Thanks to all that came before me and provided this wealth of knowledge.
Carefull 'bout paintin' the motor.Anything that takes away from heat dispersment. I wouldn't recommend it.