lets get to the FACTS about which to build

GoldenMotor.com

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
i've done hours of research on what goes good with a honda ghx 50. X2 CVT is discontinued. the 4 g belt drive is not welcomed with open arms. the EZM qmatic is pricey and soon to be replaced by the 2matic. most of the transmissions say new model 2009/2010 . well thats 2 yrs old already. does anyone know of whats coming out in 2012. the nuvinci is riddled with problems as well from what i read for that price. Im going to get the honda ghx 50 no matter what. would like to do jackshaft kit as well. does anybody out there in MB land have a detailed list of PARTS to make a 4 stroke build list on EXCATLY what to buy. right now i have brand new macargi tahiti in the box and the honda motor. now which tranny/jackshaft kit. or ? to make this a great build. im going with the DAX friction drive for my other bike to just be able to get up and go. the macargi is going to be a 6 month build taking my time until i get all the parts. not going to bolt and unbolt parts that are shaky or not going to work. any thoughts MB'ers. !!drn2

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Personally if I was building the bike for myself, I would use an EZM tranny and take it from there. I say this not because I am an EZM dealer, but because I own an EZM set-up and an older 4G set-up as well and prefer the EZM. I've done some installs of the new 4G's and find the older ones less problematic.

That's just my opinion on what you've got to work with, good luck on finding all the sources of all the hardware and such involved, I'd be interested in a list like that as well.

I truly don't think the Honda GXH50 has enough power to run any cvt that I've come across.

dnut

Last edited:

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
can u use the ezm with a jackshaft kit. from what ive seen on you tube the bikes with the jackshaft kits go pretty fast. 30+ mph. i love the EZM from what ive seen.... just not built with any jackshaft kits. or does that answer my question. the EZM or the jackshaft kit. ?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
can u use the ezm with a jackshaft kit. from what ive seen on you tube the bikes with the jackshaft kits go pretty fast. 30+ mph. i love the EZM from what ive seen.... just not built with any jackshaft kits. or does that answer my question. the EZM or the jackshaft kit. ?
The EZM is a jackshaft of sorts, there is no need or advantage to running a separate jackshaft in conjunction with the EZ tranny, it would rob more power infact.

You can run a jackshaft set-up for proper gear reduction and that would be another good way to go if you figure the proper gearing you want to run. The EZM just makes it easy to get your build rolling with good power characteristis throughout the little Hondas powerband.

My HS 49cc with some engine mods and an EZM will cruise at 35mph all day long with no probs. It's a super reliable set-up.....the miles I've racked up are just proof.....it keeps going......and going....and going......

Last edited:

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
It's been settled. After watching lee's vids on speed tests, I'm going with the ezm for sure. If any vendors want to give me some prices would be great. 1 for gearbox only. 2 whole kit. 3 if available ......kit minus motor already have brand new honda ghx50 in the box. I'm in south Dakota so would like to see prices out the door. Shipping included if possible. Hope to hear soon. drn2

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Your making a good decision going with and EZM. What you need to do when your ready to buy your tranny is go to the ezmotorbike website and see if there is a dealer in your local area. If there's not local dealer, I recommend going with the next closest dealer. If you have any questions regarding general information or pricing just ask (^). Best of luck with your project.

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
why are dealers showing the silent drive kits when i log on to there sites.? the pictures show the ezm qmatic with pulleys and standard belt but on most of the sites its the silent drive kits.??

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i've done hours of research on what goes good with a honda ghx 50. X2 CVT is discontinued. the 4 g belt drive is not welcomed with open arms. the EZM qmatic is pricey and soon to be replaced by the 2matic. most of the transmissions say new model 2009/2010 . well thats 2 yrs old already. does anyone know of whats coming out in 2012. the nuvinci is riddled with problems as well from what i read for that price. Im going to get the honda ghx 50 no matter what. would like to do jackshaft kit as well. does anybody out there in MB land have a detailed list of PARTS to make a 4 stroke build list on EXCATLY what to buy. right now i have brand new macargi tahiti in the box and the honda motor. now which tranny/jackshaft kit. or ? to make this a great build. im going with the DAX friction drive for my other bike to just be able to get up and go. the macargi is going to be a 6 month build taking my time until i get all the parts. not going to bolt and unbolt parts that are shaky or not going to work. any thoughts MB'ers. !!drn2
i like this, http://www.enginesonlineshop.com/ mainly because it has a chain driven transfer case instead of the gearbox, or belt drive... i was looking for more reviews on this... its 2012... so who knows. i feel hopeful enough to put my money on it.

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
I saw that too. After talking to the exam guys I'm going with the ezm. No chains for me. Plus for 299.00 u get what u pay for. I have a feeling if I go cheaper I'll end up buying twice. Then I'll be stuck with a 299.00 dollar mounting kit which I could have gotten cheaper. EZM all the way guys. All my bikes are 4stroke. Hs or Hondas. Looks great as well. drn2

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
one more question... huasheng or honda with HS carb? is the honda worth it? can i just put a honda sticker on the HS and call it a day?
Depends on your budget?? I haven't seen a GXH in person to compare to know if it's worth it. However, the HS is a very strong engine and can run all day long. I have seen 41 mph on my HS setup and have had no issues since installing it on the bike, I love every bit of it. I may never go back to a 2 stroke. Most of my friends know it's a clone engine but they still call it a Honda. As long as routine maintenance is done then the HS will serve it's purpose.

If you do slap a Honda sticker on it don't forget to paint the dip-stick knob white. :p

Frank

Dooley863

Apr 17, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
couple more questions if no one minds....

does the ezm kit require the use of a widened pedal crank?

does anyone use the flexable muffler, and does it perform like the stock muffler... and also, what of tuned pipes? any dealers got a nice tuned pipe?

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
put it this way. if your building a SHOW bike and you just want a display id go with the honda. daily driver to take a beating buy the HS. even better buy both like i plan too just gotta keep working to save then i plan on testing them out myself. then I will know which is better. i can get the HS for 150 free shipping the honda for 325 + 16 shipping. quite a difference. My two bike plan is this 1 HONDA and 1 HS. .xx.