Ryobi FD Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I had a Murray bike i got for $15.00 and found a Ryobi Weed Wacker for free. I decided to try a home built FD. I bought some steel for the build. One 3/16 by 4inch by 12 inch flat stock, 2 foot of 5/8 round stock,a short piece of pipe. I also bought 2 U clamps. I used a Craftsman 3/8 drive 7/8 deep well for drive roller. I had some 1/8 by 3/4 flat stock to use for engine lift and lock down. I was well pleased with how it runs. It was a fun build.

Attachments

Last edited:

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
I think its going to work out real well. I can see i will need to come up with a better drive roller. This one was easy to use but slips to much unless you apply a lot of pressure. I will try a wood one and a rubber one and see whats best. Thanks for your replies.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
How well do the bearings in these overhung crank engines last with the loads going through them?

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
This was my first build like this and only a short time riding it. So i do not know how long bearings will last. Some one with more time might be able to tell us. I would all so like to know.

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Here is a up date of my Ryobi FD bike project. I decided to move every thing over to my Electra bike and make some improvements to it. I changed the way i lift the engine to disengage it from the wheel. Here is some pictures of the new and improved one.

Attachments

Last edited: