WWII WLA tribute w/sidecar

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
HAHA,,,,,, progress. Well installation just proves ya get what you pay for. Out of 6 mounting points 5 were out of alignment it took a couple extra hours to get it mounted flush,level and true.but here it is. all mounts on bike had to be done twice. Some one should introduce them china men to JIGS, could save folks alot of time

Attachments

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Got the rear fender mocked up in place and made the mounting tabs,Ill weld em on tomorrow. I think its starting to resemble an old WWII Harley, except that little engine. I wish I'd could of talked him into buying the lifan 250cc V twin. So,what do you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I think that it is coming along quite well. I also think that that rear fender is pretty beat up, unless the photos don't do it justice.
I also agree with your Lifan twin assessment. The current engine just looks too small for this bike's size.
You have skills, man. I hope that the owner appreciates all that you have put into this so far.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I think that that rear fender is pretty beat up, unless the photos don't do it justice.
Gear nut, Thanks, I spaced off taking pics of the fender before spending 2 hours with my hammer collection on it. It was crushed BAD. It was the only thing left on that frame under a ton of scrap. Ill spend some more time on it before painting, I straightened it out enough to get it mounted straight. The bike's being built for my 74y.o. father

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Looking very nice. Bet your Dad will be stopping people on the street to tell them that his son made it for him. We Dads tend to do that.
Of course when you have a bike this nice it's pretty easy to do when they ask where you got it.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Looking very nice. Bet your Dad will be stopping people on the street to tell them that his son made it for him. We Dads tend to do that.
Of course when you have a bike this nice it's pretty easy to do when they ask where you got it.

Steve.
Thanks Fasteddy, Ya my dads as giddy as a school girl when it comes to this machine and as impatient as a 74 y.o. man. He is use to getting things done on his schedule. The waiting is driving him nuts and that makes it all worth while. lol Hows that trike of yours coming along?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
If my son was making that for me he'd have locked me in a room by now so I'd leave him to get it done and I couldn't "help" him do it. He's mighty fussy about how he does things but I'll bet your Dad has the same problem with his son.

You know the "Hey son, why don't you just do this because it's quicker and your only making it for me" as the young lads neck muscles tighten and his eyes bulge a little.
That's why my kid lives in New Hampshire. Takes 3,400 miles for the old man to get there to help. By then he's finished and safe.

The trike is sloooowly getting to where I want it. Having taken Silverbears advance course in creative staring at the summer bike camp has helped. The rear box frame is about done and I'll have to call the plywood store tomorrow to see if they still have plywood with aluminium sheeting on one side to make the box with. Hope it isn't 1' thick because I may have to pedal this thing some day..

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
All you need now is a turret mount in the side car! ;)
Just kidding!

It is looking good!
Ive got a WWII leather shotgun sheath Im going to mount down the front forks on one side. Ive also got an old shotgun stock im gonna cut 2 peices of 3/4 in tubing and bam fake 12g. Ill screw it to the backside of the sheath so it doesnt bounce out.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I started recovering the saddle for it. My dads 74y. o. butt may require some extra padding so I used 3.5 inch foam which will be compressed down to about 1.25 inches when the covers done. I sanded and painted the pan,springs and such, it should be comfy covered in cow hide. Heres some pics.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you for the update and pictures!
Nice paint job. You did an awesome job on straightening out that rear fender too.
I bet that that seat will be comfy with that much foam.