Parts

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome, neighbor!

For some 'standard' parts, local hardware stores and bike shops can be the answer. For other, more specific parts, the internet is the place to go ---- I hear that they've got locations everywhere!

Let us know what you're planning/have built and the members can give you more advice on where to look.

New biker

Apr 22, 2015
Keystone
Cool Deal, That's what i was looking at. This one's already flew the chain & damaged the case. Don't want that to happen anymore. LOL

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just make sure that you remove any un-needed links so that your chain is as tight as possible without the tensioner. It will work much better.

Again, good luck.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
My choice of tensioner is the one from member TurboBuick1 --- you can check it out in my album. Gots lots of miles on mine with zero issues. Here's the link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/49-66-80cc-...ensioner-Spring-Loaded-Michigan-/181196082385

Best of luck in your project!
I'll second that. I also use theTurbobuick tensioner along with Mapbikes Cut Rollers. See pic here.
http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=1499&pictureid=10745
Nice and solid with good adjustment.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
it can sometimes be possible to get an OCC frame and a two-stroke engine to work together without a tensioner, arguably this is the best way, that said the tensioner linked i this thread is one of the best designs available.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I'll third your second on Shan's roller tensioner... very well built and smooth running. On the stingray frames tho it is possible to tension the chain by loosening up the mount and sliding the engine forward then you can go tensionerless. The easiest way to do this is with the billet mount setup from pedalchopper's site... this guy has a LOT of goodies made just for the occ stingray builds.

New biker

Apr 22, 2015
Keystone
Cool, Thanks for the input. My side cover & engine has been damaged (from chain jumping off)& don't think it would bolt up. Will try the engine slide thing. I'm ready to ride it.