Anybody Riding Stinger Kits?

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I just ran across a couple guys whipping around town on their motorized bicycles... Two things I noticed were they were moving pretty fast and their bikes were super quiet. I asked what kind of kit they were riding and they said Stinger...

I've been riding a Grubee for 3 years now, running the stock pipe my bike has been one of the quietest around town (cause most guys seem to modify their pipes), but these Stingers were REALLY quiet, and the guy said it was the stock pipe....

I've been really happy with my Grubee, mainly cause it has lasted so long, 3 years and nearly 3,000 miles... but I may be looking into a stinger kit next time around cause I do like a stealthy fast and quiet bike....

I was hoping to get a a little feedback on the Stinger kits here from the forum so I have a more informed opinion....

... before anyone says "loud pipes save lives"... I already ride like nobody see's me, IMHO that's the only way to ride one of these bikes....

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
My expertise in different motorized bicycle engines is slight to say the least. I live in a small town and besides my buddies bikes I've only seen one other motorized bicycle here.

With that said my friend has a stinger and a arrow built gt5 that puts out 4.5 hp with an expansion pipe. The stinger IMO is loud and they have straight cut gears instead of the helical gears found in the Grubee. The arrow by all practical means should be louder than the stinger, 4.5 ponies can move you pretty quick but even though the Arrow has the expansion pipe I'd say they are equally as loud. If I had to chose I'd say the arrow is quieter.

Dan.

Oh, my PistonHawk arrives today so after some break in time I can tell you how loud it is compared to a stockish Grubee.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I just ran across a couple guys whipping around town on their motorized bicycles... Two things I noticed were they were moving pretty fast and their bikes were super quiet. I asked what kind of kit they were riding and they said Stinger...

I've been riding a Grubee for 3 years now, running the stock pipe my bike has been one of the quietest around town (cause most guys seem to modify their pipes), but these Stingers were REALLY quiet, and the guy said it was the stock pipe....

I've been really happy with my Grubee, mainly cause it has lasted so long, 3 years and nearly 3,000 miles... but I may be looking into a stinger kit next time around cause I do like a stealthy fast and quiet bike....

I was hoping to get a a little feedback on the Stinger kits here from the forum so I have a more informed opinion....

... before anyone says "loud pipes save lives"... I already ride like nobody see's me, IMHO that's the only way to ride one of these bikes....
gut the stock pipe (rip out its internals) and weld on a pipe onto the already existing outlet (about the same size preferably) extending about halfway into the belly, and weld the cap back on. That's a stinger, and the gutted pipe will net you more power, and the stinger wont let the "BANG" of the exhaust get out because the exit is halfway up. super quiet, and more power. I dont run the end cap and I drilled 4x 1/4" holes, its loud but its quick, much quicker, putting the cap on I lose a whopping 20km/h of my top speed. I DO plan on getting a real expansion pipe, but this works for now.