2 Stroke Synthetic Oil

GoldenMotor.com

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
I've seen this thread about Opti-2 in 100:1 ratio.

I really want to try it but they are not available here in Canada.

Does anyone know if there are any other synthetic oil that would perform the same as Opti-2?

Also heard that Sten Mix oil is also another brand of Opti-2 that can be sold at Sears, however i think they stopped making them.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Opti-2 can be ordered on line from any number of sources. But I'm curious as to where you'd have it shipped. You say, "here in Canada" yet your profile location says, USA. :)

Search, Opti-2 and you'll find plenty of places that sell it, OTC or on line.

Tom

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
If you go to the Interlube homepage, you can locate a dealer near you. The dealer search is on the left hand side of the homepage. They even had the ACE hardware dealer in my small hometown, population 4k.

http://opti2-4.com/index.php

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

unknown03

Aug 8, 2013
USA
Thank you Bigblue. That helped me. Actually i did that and called the nearest store i could find before using that dealer search button. They said they dont sell it. SO i thought noone is selling them.

Anyway, i tried again earlier and went to the second nearest store and finally i got some opti 2 pouches. This store owner even told me that there is better one called "Aspren". Im not really sure if its better than Opti-2 because he said it is "smokeless".

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Never listen to parts counter guys. They are paid to sell you useless crap like $3dollar pouches of rtv and grease...
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Stick with the proven products if you must experiment with high ratios.
I've heard too many glowing reports to ignore opti2 even though I'm usually a show me kind of guy. ( I drove through Missouri once...)
But risking your motor on the opinion of a parts counter employee?
Not so much.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
So far I've had good luck with Lucas, all engine problems haven't been lube related. 40:1 works well and doesn't foul up plugs or smoke too much.