Bay Area Motorized Bike

GoldenMotor.com

pejoiner

Jun 29, 2008
Berkeley, CA
I have been checking out info here for months and have finally started a 50cc kit from Spooky Cycles. I'm really excited about it. This is the first , but I'm sure this won't be the last.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Welcome to the forum Pejoiner !
Chalk up another one for us Bay Area guys! We're also catching up to the AZ riders. Pretty soon we're going to have enough guys to go on a group ride. So what part of the Bay Area are you from?

pejoiner

Jun 29, 2008
Berkeley, CA
I live in Berkeley, but spend most of my time at my shop in Oakland near the coliseum. I have a kind of hope of doing a Spooky Tooth kind of shop or co-op here in the Bay once I build a few bikes. Anyone else have that idea? Let me know if you have any interest?

Xearns

Nov 21, 2008
Emeryville, CA
yes!
east bay needs this.
i was just thinking about this the other day. if you want i could help you build.
i like the idea of getting a rusted cruiser and putting a kit on it. But even better is building some motorbikes from reused/ donated parts.
Yeah after a few builds, maybe offer a class at your shop to get it started. not sure if that's what you wanted to do. but maybe a group at first to help build each other's bikes.
just some ideas.
it's fashionable in LA right now ~> Derringer Cycles Home
I think it would be fun for some people to build their own ride. And those Derringer bike go for $3,500!
anyways, let me know.
-Xearns