where to buy offset intake?

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I've been looking all over for an offset intake for a current project and cant seem to find one! I see one on Spooky tooths site but there is no "buy" button! I sent them an email but does anyone know if they are still in business?

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Cool thank you very much! They sure are proud of it at 20 bucks shipped though!!! Think I'll try to find the right diameter tubing and make my own but thanks for the link!
I did find out that Spooky Tooth is no more also. Guess I've not visited the forum inawhile but I'm sad to see them go.

QUOTE=madwheels37;256299]Here you go sir then scroll down almost half way. Hope that helps you. Custom Motored Bicycles - PARTS for Motorized Bikes 4,Carburetors,Intake Manifolds,Fuel Filters[/QUOTE]

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
So I went to the my local steel/scrape yard and found the perfect diameter tubing to make my own intakes. I just cant see spending 20 bucks for junk parts anyways!

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
dont spend that much on shipping! i have a offset intake that i dont use. if you cant find one, you can have mine for free. it is of no use to me and cant cost much to ship. it just sits in a pile of unused parts i have. id be more then happy to part with it. here is a pic just so i know we are talking about the same thing.lol

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
The bike is for a customer and she supplied the engine kit and bike but its a gt5 "racing kit" from Kings Motor bikes I believe. Its a nice kit and I've used the carb on other bikes and really like it. You can fine tune your air/fuel mix with it and yes the other cable is a remote choke. Its different than the stock carb that instead of restricting air flow it increase's fuel. Also handy when your at full rpm and you have a little four stroking you simply move the lever a little and it goes away. I personally never used the choke at all on my bike with the same carb. Being in Mesa Az the weather is either way hot or nice. I basically just tuned to weather conditons and rode the piss out of it till it got stollen!

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
dont spend that much on shipping! i have a offset intake that i dont use. if you cant find one, you can have mine for free. it is of no use to me and cant cost much to ship. it just sits in a pile of unused parts i have. id be more then happy to part with it. here is a pic just so i know we are talking about the same thing.lol

Wow I really appreciate the offer! I now have 10 feet of tubing at 19mm outside diameter so I'll just make my own from here on out. Lets me get the carb perfectly level and exactly where I want it. Thanks so much though!

madwheels37

Jul 27, 2010
Bradenton, FL
Would anyone know if it's possible to place the carb any where you wanted? The further away i would imagine you would essentially need larger diameter piping. Cause if I can mount the motor at a difficult angle then needed to place the carb in a different spot to stay level, or just move it for customary looks, how would I measure that, etc?

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
Wow I really appreciate the offer! I now have 10 feet of tubing at 19mm outside diameter so I'll just make my own from here on out. Lets me get the carb perfectly level and exactly where I want it. Thanks so much though!
no prob. just thought id offer. it came in one of my kits, and i was mad. i was like what am i going to do with this pile.. but i guess it could come in handy? good luck!:)

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Would anyone know if it's possible to place the carb any where you wanted? The further away i would imagine you would essentially need larger diameter piping. Cause if I can mount the motor at a difficult angle then needed to place the carb in a different spot to stay level, or just move it for customary looks, how would I measure that, etc?
Generaly speaking the shorter the intake the more torque- granted many variables. I've ran these engines with carbs at severe angles with no problems- surprisingly ,maybe just lucky! I've heard alot about float troubles with the carb at an angle but have never encountered this problem. I've had engines with Manics straight intake that performed well and some that just sucked ass. Its always a matter of trial an error with these china engines. There is no quality control , last week I had a gt5 and the piston hit the head and would not even turn over!!! and of course no customer support, so just be glad that it runs! Try different things, but know that what works for one might not work for the other!

Last edited:

madwheels37

Jul 27, 2010
Bradenton, FL
The only thing about mounting at different angles I would think is not so much the float as the fuel leaking out of the carb or mainly the tickle button. Never done it myself so don't know for sure, but that's what I think.