Just a bit here and there....

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Now that Motoschwinn II is back on the road, I'm looking at avenues to make this bike last for years. The motor is already 3 years old, with almost 3200 miles on it... Still good too. Some things I have ordered, a bearing idler... Got that today from Boy Go Fast. I also ordered the long street poo poo pipe, this I've wanted for a LONG time.

This is coming from bicycle-engines.com Ran me $51 with shipping. That I should have Saturday. I want to clean up the wiring, less is more for me on all the wires and cables. Over the winter I'm pulling the rear wheel and having the bike shop build the **** out of it. I'm really thinking about the Sick Bikes set-up. I'm open to all suggestions on what you would do to your bike for longevity, NOT speed....

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Best way to make your China motor last a LONG time: Don't ride it :)

Anyway really I think it comes down to the basic stuff. Get into a routine maintenance schedule, replace parts before they break, and don't ride it too hard.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Best way to make your China motor last a LONG time: Don't ride it :)

Anyway really I think it comes down to the basic stuff. Get into a routine maintenance schedule, replace parts before they break, and don't ride it too hard.
That I pretty much do. I'm looking for part upgrades etc...

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Well here are some of the things Chris Hill mentions doing on his kits. Might be a good starting point (might be hard to find the stuff too, lol)

(including NGK plugs), Japanese mains, double walled seals with spring retainers, and high quality German bearings..

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Well here are some of the things Chris Hill mentions doing on his kits. Might be a good starting point (might be hard to find the stuff too, lol)

(including NGK plugs), Japanese mains, double walled seals with spring retainers, and high quality German bearings..
I think the things you mentioned are what I'm looking for. I really feel we need to make a source guide for these. I wouldn't know where to look for German bearings, or even what part they replace?

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I thought I remembered a thread on here somewhere that someone was looking for quality bearings and such...I don't think they had any real luck though.