What Have You Done To Me?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It's just crazy good fun on these bikes, I have built things like very fast go karts 50+ MPH and owned dirt bikes, street bikes, I have a nice Stratos bass boat and I put on hold a 1969 Chevy c10 build I had been working on for a couple of months before I got my first kit, my boat has yet to be in the water this year and the new engine I built for my old fix-er up truck is still sitting on the engine stand, I have been having so much darn fun on my bike I just cant seem to get back to the truck and the boat just dont seem like to much fun right now in comparison to cruising the country back roads on my Motorizedbike, the only sad thing on my mind about it right now is that my wife and I are trying to buy a new home and some land, and this is gonna put a damper on some of my plans for a while but I hope to get back to it as soon as I can get all my junk reorganized at the new place, my wife as wonderful as she is told me the other day as she pointed at all my bike stuff that I will have to put some things on hold when we spend everything we have and a whole bunch of what we dont have to buy this new house and 16 acres she wants, but I will still be riding and I'll bet I can squeeze another build into the picture by maybe this next spring if all goes well, I just dont see myself ever getting bored with the motorbikes, no doubt the best and funnest thing overall I ever built......!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You guys are lucky to have wives who take an interest in what you're doing. I think it would be a really neat thing to ride together with your sweet thing. Awesome!
SB

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
You guys are lucky to have wives who take an interest in what you're doing. I think it would be a really neat thing to ride together with your sweet thing. Awesome!
SB
SB it is awesome, the very first date my wife and I had I took her out of town to a drag strip 85 miles away from here and as soon as the cars started lining up she started naming the make, model, and popular engine sizes of the cars when they were stock, I looked at her and thought wow I just might have to marry this girl, I was stunned because she is an office manager for a health care company and I just never would have thought this city girl who grew up in Dayton Ohio would have a clue about racing and classic muscle cars, I figured my Texas Country boy ways might send her running the other way, but she ran right to me instead so I figure I'm a very fortunate Man to have such a great little gal who let's me play and dont mind playing along, she knows I'll never stop so she just smiles and tells me I'll probably kill myself some day, she says I better make sure we have good insurance on me so she will be taken good care of when I do, I just laugh and tell her she will not get rid of me that easy....LOL......!

To sum this up in a nut shell, I'll just say that it is yes........a very awesome thing to have a good woman that will have your back even though she may think deep down your just wasting time and money that could be better spent on things around the house or something.

My wife is my very best friend second only to my creator....lets all ride safe and if you have a great woman that stands with you, be sure to let her know how special she is cause there aint many of-em out there these days.
Shan

.flg.

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
"Friend! There is another way!"
That's great Oyster! Been thinking about doing a script for a movie about MBs since I got into em. (Revenge of the nerds against the spandex elitists or the outfit that keeps taking my stuff, copying it then calling me a thief sort of thing) But if I ever get around to it gonna have an obsessed monk like guy, robe and all, preaching an' spreading the "word" of the glory of MBs. "Friend! There is another way!" LOL!!! Love it.
Most of the characters are based on friends from here. Some are a mix of folks here. No one sue me! lol

I write a lot and never even try to get published. But might try to get some local collage kids to do it as a school project. Might be fun.

How about something like a version of Easy Rider but with MBs.(^) Minus the part where they get killed by the rednecks of course.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Hey Shan, I couldn't have said it better myself. I wake every morning next to the most wonderful woman I have ever known. This Oct. we will be together 20 yrs. I have some major plans come fall. I hope each of you get to experience the joy that have filled the last 20years of my life. Some of you may have done so already, but for those of you who haven't yet. Don't worry you will. I often think of the song by Garth Brooks "If tomorrow never comes" and I ask myself if I do that. I can honestly say I do.

Sorry this is getting so mushy. I love my wife and I couldn't live one day without her. Baby I'm amazed by you.

LOL!

You know it's funny I'm starting to feel the same way about my MB. I can't go a day without wanting to go for a ride.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
How about something like a version of Easy Rider but with MBs.(^) Minus the part where they get killed by the rednecks of course.
Missed your post Meowy. This is gonna be fun. Gonna start a thread and ask folks for funny or just regular MB stories.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey Shan, I couldn't have aid it better myself. I wake every morning next to the most wonderful woman I have ever known. This Oct. we will be together 20 yrs. I have some major plans come fall. I hope each of you get to experience the joy that have filled the last 20years of my life. Some of you may have done so already, but for those of you who haven't yet. Don't worry you will. I often think of the song by Garth Brooks "If tomorrow never comes" and I ask myself if I do that. I can honestly say I do.

Sorry this is getting so mushy. I love my wife and I couldn't live one day without her. Baby I'm amazed by you.

LOL!

You know it's funny I'm starting to feel the same way about my MB. I can't go a day without wanting to go for a ride.
LOL, can't tell you how many times I got off and told my MB I love you. Sad part, I ain't kidding

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey Shan, I couldn't have said it better myself. I wake every morning next to the most wonderful woman I have ever known. This Oct. we will be together 20 yrs. I have some major plans come fall. I hope each of you get to experience the joy that have filled the last 20years of my life. Some of you may have done so already, but for those of you who haven't yet. Don't worry you will. I often think of the song by Garth Brooks "If tomorrow never comes" and I ask myself if I do that. I can honestly say I do.

LOL!

Yea... "dag" I'm not the mushy kind of man either but I love my wife very much as well, come July we will have been together 6 years, and it's better now than ever, we owe our success to Gods grace in our lives, we both came out of bad relationships in the past and desided to quit doing things our way cause it wasnt working out, so we comitted our lives and our marriage into Gods hands and pray for wisdom and guidence each day, now we have found that LASTING since of peace and fulfilment that we could never seem to find on our own, it sure is a lot easier to love when you truly realize how much you are loved.

God bless all on this forum & their families, I pray God will grant his grace to all who will surrender their lives and relationships into his hand, only here can true & lasting peace be found that passes all understanding even in the times of great trials & testing in this life, wow it took me way to long to figure this out but I'm so thankful that the Lord never gave up on me and now I see more clearly than ever in many ways.

Always ride safe..........
Shan

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
Missed your post Meowy. This is gonna be fun. Gonna start a thread and ask folks for funny or just regular MB stories.
Good idea for a thread to share stories. Since I'm still working on my first MB I don't have any good ones yet but hopefully soon.

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
Silverbear may appreciate this but what about pets (dogs, cats?). I have a wife too (and she's great!!!!...knock on wood...haha!) but we also love animals and you know there's something to be said for the unconditional love that you get from your dog. Dogs don't care if you took out the garbage, washed the dishes, or washed yourself even, nor do they care if you come home smelling like other dogs. Wives on the other hand don't like it when you come home smelling like other wives.......laff

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
Hi Oysterville

I'll have to agree with you: it's scarey how much i want to ride my motored bike.

I've owned a lot of nice things in my life, but nothing gives me so much enjoyment as riding my motorised bicycle, especially when catching up to, and passing a group of Spandex clad cyclists on their $6,000 road racing bikes when beginning a serious hill climb.

They like to make a statement about their professionalism and exclusivity of their social group but it must wear a little thin when i'm passing by without a drop of sweat; whistling away and enjoying the ride, whilst they struggle their guts out, trying to convey the impression of achievement, doing it the hard way.

Some do it the hard way, some do it the smart way, and every time i arrive at my destination looking as fresh as a daisy, albeit smelling like a 2-stroke lawn mower.

Fabian

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Silverbear may appreciate this but what about pets (dogs, cats?). I have a wife too (and she's great!!!!...knock on wood...haha!) but we also love animals and you know there's something to be said for the unconditional love that you get from your dog. Dogs don't care if you took out the garbage, washed the dishes, or washed yourself even, nor do they care if you come home smelling like other dogs. Wives on the other hand don't like it when you come home smelling like other wives.......laff
That's funny and also true. I've been married three times which does not qualify me as an expert on marriage, but I do know more than I want about divorce. Now I have Aaniimoosh The Wonder Dog as my companion and other than the romance part, life is good. As a slow learner I have finally concluded that I would have done better had I gotten the dog first and kept the ladies at arms length as girlfriends. Now I know. I like them, but find that like hot sauce, a little goes a long way. Moosh is always glad to see me, is a good listener, but doesn't talk much other than an occasional discussion about wolves. She has trouble pronouncing some words such as the L sound in wolf, but does her level best and for the most part is the strong silent type, which I appreciate. She thinks I am a great cook, loves almost all of the same things I like to eat, even enjoys a little saucer of beer now and then. She is always ready before I am when we decide to go out, loves going for motorbike rides in her trailer, likes to go fishing and knows how not to talk in a boat.
When I do transgress and fail to take her with me in the truck, her disappointment is quickly forgotten, all is forgiven, no hard feelings. No two days worth of "what's wrong. dear?...NOTHING, DID I SAY ANYTHING WAS WRONG!" Nope, Moosh doesn't give the death stare and keep an account book of what I did wrong or didn't do right or failed to think of doing or or... or more or... ( brain starts to stutter when I just think about it).
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Dogs rule!
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi Oysterville

I'll have to agree with you: it's scarey how much i want to ride my motored bike.

I've owned a lot of nice things in my life, but nothing gives me so much enjoyment as riding my motorised bicycle, especially when catching up to, and passing a group of Spandex clad cyclists on their $6,000 road racing bikes when beginning a serious hill climb.

They like to make a statement about their professionalism and exclusivity of their social group but it must wear a little thin when i'm passing by without a drop of sweat; whistling away and enjoying the ride, whilst they struggle their guts out, trying to convey the impression of achievement, doing it the hard way.

Some do it the hard way, some do it the smart way, and every time i arrive at my destination looking as fresh as a daisy, albeit smelling like a 2-stroke lawn mower.

Fabian
Hey Fabian,
What gets me is the scowling look of disapproval I get from Spandexers and even get statements like "you're cheating". What gives them license to make such comments I don't understand. I keep my thoughts to myself about them. Do I volunteer fashion opinions with comments like, your helmet is ludicrous. It makes you look like an insect. Tight fitting clothes are not your best friend. I was riding behind you and know this for a fact. It's one reason I goosed the throttle and sped past you. If Spandexers are having great fun, why do they look so pissed off all the time? I'm suspicious of all religious cults and Spandexing before the God of Sweat has little appeal. I get enough exercise starting the motor, not falling off and finally getting off. To each his own. You have them in the Land Of Oz, too, then. They're everywhere, Mate!
SB

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
You've tickled my funny bone today silverbear - well said, and do you mind if i steal your lines for the next time i'm involved in terse negotiations over personal well being with these Spandex cyclists

Very, very good silverbear:

Do I volunteer fashion opinions with comments like, your helmet is ludicrous. It makes you look like an insect. rotfl

Tight fitting clothes are not your best friend. I was riding behind you and know this for a fact. rotfl

I'm suspicious of all religious cults and Spandexing before the God of Sweat has little appeal. rotfl

but your comment: If Spandexers are having great fun, why do they look so pissed off all the time?

carries the most truth.

Fabian

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
I have more. Its like passing gas and just happens. rotfl
Thinking is like eating beans and often results in noise of one kind or another. rotfl

silverbear, you are good; very good. Can i be your protege (^)