Hi from a "new" Old Biker

GoldenMotor.com

Try-Kit

May 13, 2010
minnesota
Greetings from an old "Biker" in Minnesota,
When I was a high school, 1955, I bought a well used Wizzer bike motor complete with the tank and nothing else.
I mounted the motor in an old bicycle frame and got it running but I didn't have the pulleys, belts, and the circular belt pulley that bolted to the spokes. That motor was never to power a bicycle again, but it's sparked an interest in small engine powered conveyances that still excites me today.

I survived heart bypass surgery in 1995 and for the next 15 years my power to pedal gradually declined and I was eventually declared to be suffering from congestive heart failure. The situation is further complicated by a failing heart valve. Two years ago I was fitted with an implanted cardiac device (Pacemaker/Defib).
My power to pedal anything but an exercise bike is almost non-existent; so today no bike motor --- no bike riding.

Last summer I fitted a slant 80cc 2 cycle onto a 26" "Huffy"frame. The engine worked after some modification but I couldn't pedal fast enough to get it started and keep it running. Thus spring I ordered a pull start and a centrifugal clutch. Problems with the centrifugal clutch lead me to this forum.

Once connected, I found myself browsing through the questions, fascinated by the number of members, the diversity of projects and the depth of knowledge. I just had to become a part of this "thing". So here I am.

The attached photo is of the tricycle I built (1990) from a kit that I designed which I call "Try-Kit". (The origin of my user name.) I intend to design a powered pusher trailer for the trike and discuss both in greater detail as time permits.

Like I don't have time?

I look forward to chatting with "y'all". I don't have face book or designated friends; too old to waste my time on senseless gossip; besides I only have dial-up.

So 73's; (I've been a ham radio operator since 1967) now I'm only occasionally active on "echolink". Dial-up VOIP works great for this.
Try-Kit

Attachments