My Helmet Lights

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Neat idea, Dave. I never thought about lighting up my head but it makes sense. They are up high and should be visible. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Great idea! I would do that if I wore a helmet.
I often clip a flasher to my arm to get it up higher than the seat.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I like to use a headlamp that can be tilted up or down.

Sometimes where it sits on your helmet it may not be the best place for it. But if you can tilt it that won't really matter. If mine did not tilt, it would do nothing but light the sky.

I've been looking st getting this for my ride:http://www.ebay.com/itm/231127908418?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT Until I ran across it's bigger cousin for about 7.00 more : http://www.ebay.com/itm/321462087339?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT .
I like the first one because it too can be helmet mounted.
Has anyone experienced the Cree line before? I know there out of China but have dealt with them years ago and thought they went out of business

Yea I got the 2nd link and when it arived I was actualy surprised on how small the lights were, But they proved themselves that first night. I had a police officer pull me over and ask me to turn the lights down toward the pavement more or I would get a ticket.
Sure, no problem. There Bright !!
Waiting on the helmet.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Last edited:

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
I took a solar storm and removed the base, then used adhesive backing velcro to stick it to my motocross helmet visor, secured it with a zip tie down the middle of the light. I stuck the 6400 8.4v battery pack pouch to the top of the helmet with the same velcro.

Being on the visor let's me move it up and down, it's light enough not to move on its own. I can still use goggles as well.

I stuck a street fx light to the back of the helmet but it was a dud, I left it on because it works as a reflector.

I'll post pictures of the helmet with the solar storm cree 5000 lm 8.4v light, goggles and street fx light.

So far I haven't found a quality light to stick on the back of my helmet, they all have crappy reviews

I didn't use the headband strap method because I wanted to still be able to use my visor and goggles.