New Guy from Southern California

GoldenMotor.com

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
Hello from Southern (central-ish) California!

I came across this forum while searching for a place that would ship kits to California. Boy am I glad I found this forum. I found much more information than I was originally looking for, and I'm really excited to get in to this.

A little bit of back story: I'm relocating from Kern County (Up in the mountains), to Santa Maria (about 15 mins from the coast) for school, and I am looking drive my car a lot less but without buying/having to deal with insuring, registering, and license a 'motorcycle' by the DMV's standards.

I don't have any concrete plans yet. But I'm looking at motorizing an old beach cruiser under the house. Exciting things to come!
.xx.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hey bearded welcome to the addiction, you will have a lot of fun i am sure, look forward to the progress of your beach cruiser, they make a great motorized bicycle. glad you joined us

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

I've been through Tehachapi many times when I lived in Fresno ---- I always called it Windmill City.

These little machines can bring great joy, loose wallets, maddening issues, and a total Zen state when everything is right..........best of luck on your build!

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
hey bearded welcome to the addiction, you will have a lot of fun i am sure, look forward to the progress of your beach cruiser, they make a great motorized bicycle. glad you joined us
Thank you! Happy to be here! I've been getting some great inspiration and am very excited to get started on this awesome project!

Howdy & welcome!!

I've been through Tehachapi many times when I lived in Fresno ---- I always called it Windmill City.

These little machines can bring great joy, loose wallets, maddening issues, and a total Zen state when everything is right..........best of luck on your build!
Ah, yes, the windmills. We are the other windy city. :p That's one thing I'm really trying to go for here is spending as little as possible while still having a decent solid bike. We'll see how that goes. ;P

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forum from SoCal! ;)

Tehachapi is really close to Rosamond where the next Socal Motor Bicycle Racing event is this Sat April 12th at Willow Springs go kart track.

Come on by and you can get hooked up with a kit and check out the state
of the art in motorized bicycles!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Tehachapi is really close to Rosamond where the next Socal Motor Bicycle Racing event is this Sat April 12th at Willow Springs go kart track.

Neil also has some outstanding T-shirts!!

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California

I'll be there for sure! looking forward to it! Unfortunately I have to be in Lancaster by noon, so I won't be able to stay the whole day Saturday, But I'll be there in the morning!

Last edited:

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Welcome to the forum. Cruiser's are a good choice for a first bike. If I read your post right you will be in Santa Maria for school. This town is for the most part MB Freindly. dance1

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
Welcome to the forum. Cruiser's are a good choice for a first bike. If I read your post right you will be in Santa Maria for school. This town is for the most part MB Freindly. dance1
That's pretty exciting to hear! Yeah I plan to be out there some time around August, hopefully enough time to get a solid bike together. It's cool to see people from my current and future areas of residence on the forum.
(p)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I don't have any concrete plans yet. But I'm looking at motorizing an old beach cruiser under the house. .xx.
How come you're going to build it under the house? A garage would be better :)

Just kidding, just kidding!

Welcome, bearded one. Keep us informed of your progress and good luck. Let us know if we can offer any help or advice.

Tom

Bearded War Machine

Apr 6, 2014
Santa Maria, California
How come you're going to build it under the house? A garage would be better :)

Just kidding, just kidding!

Welcome, bearded one. Keep us informed of your progress and good luck. Let us know if we can offer any help or advice.

Tom
Hahaha thank you! I plan to. Hopefully getting my hands on a kit soon, and I'll be deciding on which frame to slap it in to within the next week hopefully. So as soon as any picture worthy progress is made, I shall post pictures promptly!
This is going to be awesome.dance1