clutch pin help

GoldenMotor.com

lowaus

Aug 24, 2013
australia
Hi the lock pin on my clutch fell out during run in process. i was riding without the clutch cover on and it randomly fell out. i was giving it throttle but the bike was only revving then i stopped to find out that my pin was gone. can someone please help me and tell me what size the pin isdnut

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like the screw that locks the flower nut - any short screw that fits the threads will work

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
The bucking bar is 8mmx28mm. Make sure you have the bearing as well. I went to the hardware store and just cut down one of those bolts with the smooth part on. Works great.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
should be same as the one holding clutch cable - you can take that off & carry it to stores to compare

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I haven't seen every kit there is, but all I've seen have same threads on cable adjuster & clutch plate - maybe yours came off because the threads are bad in the clutch plate & that's why it doesn't fit. Try carrying that plate with you to find something that fits it, or maybe you'll need to re-tap it to get better threads, or just drill another hole in the plate for a new one.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The long screws that hold the coil to the frame are the same size. You could shorten one of those or use it to get the correct size.