First Build First Ride!!! :)

GoldenMotor.com

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
just rode my first build for the first time! got a big happy time grin man!!!

I bought a 66cc kit and slapped it on a micargi cruiser. I'll post a pic of it when I get back from riding it!!!

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
just took it for a 20 mile ride. it seems nice. it is idling too low so sometimes the engine cuts out when almost to a stop. it's leaking gas somewhere, I saw it dripping from the carb. the chain stretched out considerably or the tensioner loosened a little. I did the tensioner gorilla tight but maybe not tight enough.

I don't know how fast I was going but definitely faster than a nice lightweight road bicycle for sure. I got a 40 tooth sprocket on the back wheel with manic mechanic adapter. it seems like a good mix between torque and speed. I weigh 155lbs so no problems on the hills. it accelerated up them.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Welcome to the forum...hope you find the answers you need...check all bolts and screws, especially the motor mount screws...not too tight on the idler tension wheel...get a heavy chain...415is good...and if at all possible go straight chain and throw the tensioner in the garbage...good luck...