Free shipping on Shifter Kits in the U. S., Canada and Mexico.

GoldenMotor.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Sweet deal.

Pablo, I'm curious. If I order a kit the morning of the 19th, do you think it would get here by Christmas? Do you guys ship same-day?

Also I'm curious if you know how comparable the overall gear range of a 3 spd internal hub is to a normal 7sp mtn bike cassette? If I get a kit I'd like to go internal gears if I can...

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Sweet deal.

Pablo, I'm curious. If I order a kit the morning of the 19th, do you think it would get here by Christmas? Do you guys ship same-day?

Also I'm curious if you know how comparable the overall gear range of a 3 spd internal hub is to a normal 7sp mtn bike cassette? If I get a kit I'd like to go internal gears if I can...
We ship on the same day typically if we receive funds before 4:00 PM. To CO - Priority Mail may make it.....but holiday rush and all....

Naturally with a 3 speed you won't have the range compared to a mountain bike 7 gear cassette , but it really depends on the hub. It still would be fine, IMHO.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
We ship on the same day typically if we receive funds before 4:00 PM. To CO - Priority Mail may make it.....but holiday rush and all....

Naturally with a 3 speed you won't have the range compared to a mountain bike 7 gear cassette , but it really depends on the hub. It still would be fine, IMHO.
my main goal is to be able to take off without pedaling, and still be able to hit 35mph or so. Any feedback from your customers on that? I currently have a mtn bike cassette, so it's not a big deal...just would like a 3spd eventually.

Maybe I'll have to see about ordering a little earlier than the 19th. My wife wants her present early, so I guess it's only fair I get mine early :)

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
my main goal is to be able to take off without pedaling, and still be able to hit 35mph or so. Any feedback from your customers on that? I currently have a mtn bike cassette, so it's not a big deal...just would like a 3spd eventually.

Maybe I'll have to see about ordering a little earlier than the 19th. My wife wants her present early, so I guess it's only fair I get mine early :)
That is what the shifter kit is all about. Take off in low no pedaling, zip up to 40 mph. It's what I do all the time. Most customers max out in the mid to upper 30's, because most people have not done many engine modifications.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
The older 3 speed hubs , both Strumy Archer and Shimano had a good low for flat ground and a big jump to second not really adequate for unassisted pedaling, then a similar big jump to the high which unassisted was a pretty high but not as high as your cassett would offer. The gears would be good for except for the smallness of the prawls inside that might be too fragile for the motor torque.

There are some newer 5, 7 and 8 speed internal gear hubs that would probably be stronger choices. The Rohloff 14 SpeedHub internal I understand is just about indestructible but very expensive.