What's the feeling about these pipes?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I am not surprised with your disappointment in the Fat Boy X-pipe, if it is not tuned to your motor it is indeed a power reducer.

It is quite possible that pipe is so mismatched it is actually blowing back exhaust when the port is closed or worse yet right when the fresh gas mix is trying to go in and get exhaust out.

If you stare at the .gif animation above long enough following the green fuel air mix in relation to the piston and crank case positions you can see how important the timing of the volume and force when the pipes shock wave pushes it back in.

Though a pain in the butt to plumb in the SBP X-pipe comes tuned for 48cc, and simply cutting the short straight copper piece in half tunes it to a 66cc and the difference is dramatic, especially with an Iridium plug so you have the spark to ignite all that extra fuel.

This new custom build just went out the door yesterday afternoon.
2011 66cc Skyhawk with an Iridium plug and X-pipe on a big heavy Felt 3-speed bike with new front and rear brakes and Jackshafted to a 3-speed with enough power and speed for the 240+ pound customer to come back from his initial test ride impressed and smiling from ear to ear.

Direct drive or shift good motors can be made to perform at their peak for under $100 extra and for some well worth it.

The SBP pipe is a puzzle in a box with no picture of how it can fit in nice on YOUR bike, you have to use every piece, and only one piece may even need to be cut!
Bring your geometry and plumbing skills with you or do it like the very first one I built by the instructions.

That was like my 3rd build and not a proud picture of my work but like everyone I was new once too. What I remember about that bike is when it fired up for the first time it about left me on my butt in the road and that was that for me, I found what worked really well.

I would surely buy and recommend something easier to install even if it cost more but you work with you can get and no skills to make right?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I found this pipe in a shop junkpile and massaged it to fit the Pig. Cheap and great sound! Not too much difference in power though...but it does four-stroke less and has a sweet spot right where I cruise so it's all good.