Intake manifold work

GoldenMotor.com

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
so i took myintake manifold off my old engine and took a dremel to it. i opened up the flange nd ran the dremel over every bit of the inside ofthe intake, that i could reach.

engine runs smoother and the engine seems to be a bit more "spunky"
it doesnt really pull harder but it seems to get up to speed faster. i dont currently have a speedo so i dont really have any numbers.

i like the 36t sprocket, but take off totally sux!! NEEED>>> MORE>>> TORQUE!!!

any mods i can do to get more torque??, ill prolly be picking upa pw80 carb soo... any nice expansion chambers for cheap on ebay or something????

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
also i still have alot of 4 strokinggoing on, especially when, im under even load (cruising at half throttle) and alot of in and out at WOT, i have figured out that i can push past it if i let off and get back on the throttle but that gets annoying.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
4 stroking under an even load at half throttle is normal, to a point.
It's running too rich if you're still 4 stroking under full throttle.
What's the plug look like?

Chances are the main jet is too big.
What kind of carb are you using?

Jet the carb for full throttle then mess with the needle jet after the main is right.

TiM

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, an expansion chamber with the header length tuned to the area u want the torque increase in would b the best "bolt on" mod u could do, give the best bang 4 buck, kinda thing. There's heaps available. I think it makes sense 2 get 1 designed 4 these things, tho plenty people adapt others 2 em. I have SBP & recommend it 4 price, easy tuneability & mounting options, plus it works well & looks good slung under the bottom bracket on my old mountain bike . Cheers

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
well i was riding today and it ran fine no 4 stroking or anything like that. (cept under even load).

my plugis a nice gray, im mixxing 32:1 with stihl 2 stroke oil.

also my frame snapped todya so im down til i getmoney for a new bike.

also how any reviews on the arrow pipe??

i hear the SBP is very tunable, but i dont really under stand how. i also donr like that it is press fir with srings, not to mention my pricerange isnt that high. i see alot of nice pocket bike pipes and what looks to be an arrow pope on ebay quite often

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, yeah, the SBP is very easily tuned due 2 the way its made. Basicly, there is a short copper section between the header & header pipe that roughly tunes it 2 the low rpm range. U simply shorten it 1/4" @ a time 2 move the powerband up 2 where u find u like it. If u like u can then replace the copper section with equal length steel pipe & zap it all up with a MIG 2 do away with the silicone joinerd. Cheers

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
i kinda of like the sound of that, as i can keepan assortment of verious lengths of pipe to change out for more power at lower RPM or higher RPM, but i still dont likethe price lol. not when i can get an arrow pipe (or very similar for 3 bucks on ebay.