Need Help, Clutch problems I think

GoldenMotor.com

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl
HI all I'm having a Major problem with my HT 49cc engine. My chain just free-spin, rather if the clutch is engage or disengage.. It doesnt get Hard to start the bike, just free spin. This my second build and i'm at a lost here. I've checked the clutch pads and the plate seems to push in and out when i press and release the clutch handle bar thing... Any Ideas?????

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Sound like that.
Before removing all the gears or sprocket to check, because it will be the last one checked :>( Remove the clutch cover, push bike with clutch engaged and watch the gears, making sure they are not slipping. Is this a new instillation or is it on a engine that has previously run. All 4 have to be there, and intact.

leroy1128

Dec 7, 2011
jacksonville,Fl
Thx guys, cuz I was at a lost for words on what to try... I was riding it a few days before The clutch started slipping. I would stop bike press in and release clutch brake, and it would catch and go. Worst case I thought it was my pads,but they looked to clean... Unfortunately I don't know what do you call that part? I don't have the part to completely remove the plate behind where the clutch pads be.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Thx guys, cuz I was at a lost for words on what to try... I was riding it a few days before The clutch started slipping. I would stop bike press in and release clutch brake, and it would catch and go. Worst case I thought it was my pads,but they looked to clean... Unfortunately I don't know what do you call that part? I don't have the part to completely remove the plate behind where the clutch pads be.
It's a gear puller. Problem, without it, it's virtually impossible to remove the gears.

I hate to recommend this seller, but it looks like this is the cheapest. They (OEM) are all the same for our HT's.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/bicycle-Mot...503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256bc24bff $6.53 delivered.

Last edited: