Hello... I'm chaddilac and I have a problem.

GoldenMotor.com

Chaddilac

Mar 11, 2012
Muskogee, OK
Is this like a intervention? I hope not, cause I can't get this mini bike business outta my head. I picked up one of the predator 212 engines last week and a CL donor bike and want to build a cool little scooter.

So far I'm looking for the correct clutch and rear sprocket for the wheel. Let me know if you guys have a good idea?

Thanks, glad to be here!

cvlt1

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
LOL! Well, TBH, you're kind of a nightmare to many experienced MaBers here. A new guy with a 212? Many here, myself included, are of the opinion that people are taking it overboard and may incur the wrath of the authorities. When $99 buys you a 99CC or a 212, many will take the 212. Not me, I'd take the 99, and that motor itself is quite excessive for bolting in a bicycle.

Many members might feel to help you would help bring down the very thing they love:
being able to ride a motor-assisted bicycle legally on the streets without having to add something else to look over their shoulder at.

You're pretty much gonna be building an illegal motorcycle. Not an motorized bicycle. Welcome to the forum, and yes you do have a problem :p

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Probably best to look thru the threads for non-kit bikes and builds for information.

It is a lotta motor for a bicycle!

Probably a max-torque clutch, a jack shaft rig, and maybe a hub adapter on the right kind of wheel hub with 12g spokes to handle the torque ur gonna have...

I do agree with the Aleman... I would have bought the 79 or 99cc 4 cycle engine.
...but I already bought one of the close-out 6.5hp ones many months back... just because it was so cheep! I'll run it on my rototiller if I wear out that engine!

Good luck
rc

Chaddilac

Mar 11, 2012
Muskogee, OK
Thanks Aleman... I'm not trying to step on any toes around here. just here to learn and ask questions... I don't want to make a illegal motorcycle, just a cool pit cruiser while I'm at the drags.

Thanks Rustycase... The 99cc was more expensive than the 212cc... so you know... go big or go home!! :D

I might be pming you if you don't mind to ask a couple questions?