strip down/ rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

stretchintha420

May 16, 2011
york ME
hey everyone. i am currently working on my winter project. i have stripped down my bike and am rebuilding it from the ground up. the only thing i plan on using from the original build is the frame. its real big.never mind the fact im 6'6 it gives me room for my rt carb. im going single geared and am gonna go with the tophat sprocket adapter. (v brakes suck). any suggestions on the paint scheme would be helpful, it is still kinda bland for my taste. i do however plan on painting my cdi the same green. a neon green plug wire and neon green zipties throughout..... but seriously help..

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Love the green and black. Off the top of my head, you could grind the edges of the fins so the aluminum pops, I doubt they have 'high heat' paint in that colour.

Green pinstriping on the black parts, and black pinstriping on the green parts?

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
High Killer, just to let you know, I cannot get to my mess. bulletin board I cannot log in for some reason. I can log in here, but when I go to the bulletin board, I cannot access it.
There has been alot of weird things goin on with this forum, such as also when I go to veiw a thread, it starts to loop over and over with out entering the thread.
Thank you for the request but because of all these malfunctions I wont be here at this forum anymore.
I am a member of another forum called Motored Bike.com My user name is simply Blake.
Thanks again for the request.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
...I bought green fuel line from a Kalifornia NAPA auto parts store... u might ask at a few places in your neck of the woods.
There is also some company named Helix that makes colored fuel lines but I haven't researched them yet.

and, I've got some opalized - looking cable, so someone makes that... lol

I like the GREEN !
Maybe paint the frame an orange or deep red and do some brown or deep purple striping or flames???

It's all good!
rc

stretchintha420

May 16, 2011
york ME
...I bought green fuel line from a Kalifornia NAPA auto parts store... u might ask at a few places in your neck of the woods.
There is also some company named Helix that makes colored fuel lines but I haven't researched them yet.

and, I've got some opalized - looking cable, so someone makes that... lol

I like the GREEN !
Maybe paint the frame an orange or deep red and do some brown or deep purple striping or flames???

It's all good!
rc
thanks i totaly agree. i love the green, but the blacks gotta go. i live above a bodyshop so i think im gonna see if he can make me a black with some green flake paint, to make it pop. and alot more to come

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
ok... i gotta idea...

( been doing mineral/lapidary stuff)
run a google image for 'bloodstone' ...

it's a very dark green w red speckles in thru it

if u got access to the body shop paints, u could use flake in one color, and pearl in the other??? or maybe just in one color???

lol
i dunno...
rc