Commisioned for a new build!

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So I have a good friend in DC which owns a high-end boutique. She currently sells Bowery Lane Bicycles. A handmade/fabricated bike built out of New York. She saw my bike and would love for me to build one custom for the shop to sell around Christmas time.

So here's where the thinking comes in. She has connections with a Bowery Bikes company where I could possibly get a steel, lugged frame and other goodies to build off of. However, I also would love to find a prewar frame or something a bit more original to start the build from.

My current thoughts are to find a good frame, something with a board track feel to it. Source out a Brooks saddle. Use as many Velo Orange parts as possible, as they're a local bike shop that produces great items. By a motor, no kit and purchase a hub adapter, mounts, and a few other odds and ends that I don't currently have to complete the build. I'd also pick up a set of Husky HD wheels with a drum brake up front with a Monark fork.

This bike needs to be solid. And high end components are important as the shop it's going in is of that caliber.

Finding a good frame isn't gonna be too hard. I've got awhile to build/collect parts.

I'll keep updating this post with the progression. Or possibly start a new build thread once I get a few items in and start the design/mock-up process. Regardless, I'm stoked! Ideas are running through my head like crazy! It'll be hard to let this bike go! But it' a great foot-in-the door for some other custom builds.