EZM Q-Matic review on E-Pinions :)

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That gives a good overview and is right on with what I have experienced with my kit, although I haven't used a speedometer or checked gas mileage, so can't say about cruising speed or gas consumption other than it being quick and also thrifty. Something not mentioned, probably because the writer was not experienced with two stroke China girl engines, is the lack of vibration and general smoothness of acceleration. The kit isn't cheap, either in price or quality. It was a real step up for me. I have mine on a 1950 Panther and it's an awesome ride. The writer did a good job.
SB

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
That gives a good overview and is right on with what I have experienced with my kit, although I haven't used a speedometer or checked gas mileage, so can't say about cruising speed or gas consumption other than it being quick and also thrifty. Something not mentioned, probably because the writer was not experienced with two stroke China girl engines, is the lack of vibration and general smoothness of acceleration. The kit isn't cheap, either in price or quality. It was a real step up for me. I have mine on a 1950 Panther and it's an awesome ride. The writer did a good job.
SB
Silverbear,
I was looking for this build..did you do a thread on it?

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Silverbear,
I was looking for this build..did you do a thread on it?
Yeah, I did, but can't remember now what it was called. When you're an old fellow like me "last summer" is a long time ago. Tired tonight, but will look for the link tomorrow. I also did an EZM kit on a 49 Panther for a friend in the fall after he saw mine, but didn't do a thread on that one. You're going to like your bike a whole lot... Mine is back in Minnesota and I'm looking forward to riding it again when I get home (in Maryland for the winter).
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thank you, Jim. Yes, that covers the motor kit installation on my Panther, meant to be a general guide for installing the HS engine and Q-matic transmission.
More specifics on my build of the Panther is here...

http://motorbicycling.com/f37/2010-4-stroke-frame-build-off-19467-7.html

Clicking on the link takes you to page seven of the thread where my build of the Panther begins. I just looked over some of the pictures. It was kind of fun riding down memory lane and seeing the bike evolve.
SB