Throttle Assembly Deal

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I just received the Heavy Duty Throttle Assembly purchased from Sick Bike Parts and think this is by far one of the best bangs for the buck (No Plastic). It is also one of the quick versions of throttles. This purchase came with a length choice for cable. I am truly impressed.
I am not pushing this item but just wanted to let people in need know a good deal.

Thanks SBP

CCC

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i have one to havent installed it cause i am used to a brake ever as a thottle and honestly my dad bought it for his bike he wont ride tell spring but still i wouldnt feel rite using his new throttle especialy since im the one who broke his old one dont tell em though

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
I just received the Heavy Duty Throttle Assembly purchased from Sick Bike Parts and think this is by far one of the best bangs for the buck (No Plastic). It is also one of the quick versions of throttles. This purchase came with a length choice for cable. I am truly impressed.
I am not pushing this item but just wanted to let people in need know a good deal.

Thanks SBP

CCC
I have had mine is service just a week or two and I MUST WARN you
The mechanism apparently transmits force a lot more efficiently and I wasn't cautioned of the danger of bending a float tab if the cable end-play threaded thingy at the throttle isn't JUST right. But they just figger I guess you're SUPPOSED to KNOW what JUST RIGHT is. I didn't, and my carb float tab bent, and the bike flooded out 50 yards from my start.

Somebody with more knowledge can advise you on this. I wish they had advised ME. I was without a bike for a week(my ONLY transportation) And I replaced the carb thanks to the excellent delivery from a Wisconsin vendor

Everything seems fine now. Tomorrow I 'll make a trial ride for distance

Yodar

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Just curious but how did a throttle assembly and throttle cable in any way effect your float? They are in no way attached to each other? Would love some details.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
yeah i think you are confused the throttle slide only slides up there is no way that pulling to hard would bend your float tab and if your float tabs got bent simply bend em back in place

that is unless im missing something

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
urr um yaa grrrr sooo new highteck throttles gunna pull up on carb to much???? wuz gunna get the one from sbp but they were outastock no plastick you say ?mmmm pablo..

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
urr um yaa grrrr sooo new highteck throttles gunna pull up on carb to much???? wuz gunna get the one from sbp but they were outastock no plastick you say ?mmmm pablo..
We have them in stock. We have sold hundreds (not 1000's yet, but close), and honestly we are just reading this for the first time: "gunna pull up on carb to much" and "bending a float tab ". We have had no complaints about this and can't quite fathom what the issue is. The connection and adjustment at the carb are no different than stock....and it does need some adjustment when you swap because as you guys know, not all stock cables (and other parts) are the same.

The mechanism is aluminum, yes. One clear plastic cover piece for the pulley.

Shipping will be about $6 in the USA

culvercityclassics summed it up pretty well and also we have some reviews on out site. All 4 or 5 stars IIRC.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I got one of these a month ago and can't wait to put it to use. I can also tell that it's of high quality.....was pretty sure of that before I purchased it. Must be time to start another build...but then I'll need another for the next build. It's a vicious cycle, but like it.....thanks SBP, keep up the good work! .wee.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
all i was saying is i got kinda the same thing with korean english and grips the other day "read took a month to show at the house " but it was more $ with out the kool cable i realy cant see how some one with the compentence or the forsight to order one of these sbp or not could flub the whole puting it on thing? right?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
To tell the truth my stock one works so well I can't see how a different one would work mo betta.

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
yeah i think you are confused the throttle slide only slides up there is no way that pulling to hard would bend your float tab and if your float tabs got bent simply bend em back in place

that is unless im missing something
There IS a way the needle can be driven too far into the bowl by unknowingly setting it to invade the bowl too deeply, THAT is the basis of my guess

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
We have them in stock. We have sold hundreds (not 1000's yet, but close), and honestly we are just reading this for the first time: "gunna pull up on carb to much" and "bending a float tab ". We have had no complaints about this and can't quite fathom what the issue is. The connection and adjustment at the carb are no different than stock....and it does need some adjustment when you swap because as you guys know, not all stock cables (and other parts) are the same.

The mechanism is aluminum, yes. One clear plastic cover piece for the pulley.

Shipping will be about $6 in the USA

culvercityclassics summed it up pretty well and also we have some reviews on our site. All 4 or 5 stars IIRC.
Worth EVERY CENT too !
the cable itself is heavier
It's gotta last longer
I sprayed some CorrosionX into it before assembly

yodar

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
HA! CorrosionX! I've not seen that stuff for a while, but I remember it well - dang fine product & worth the slightly extra cost (^)

Thanks fer reminding me of it, been usin PB which is pretty good but I'm gonna keep an eye out for the X ;)

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
im still waitingn for an explanation as to why the throttle pull can somehow affect the float tabs

i just cant imagine how it could happen maybe just maybe.the throttle is so powerfull it supercharges the intake of fuel, robbing the bowl opening the valve, and with all that supercharging fuel sucking in so fast, it creates a vacume and fuel rushes in so fast it shoots the flaot up like a rocket and hits the tabs with a huge concusive so powerfull it forces them past there yeild piont and they bend and not only do the bend but the bend so bad that the entire carb must be replaced

that is the only way i can imagine the tabs bending but then again my imagination can go far

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Diagnostics is w/o a doubt the most difficult of all mechanical procedures - I suspect this was simple coincidence, that the two were completely unrelated save for moving/altering the carb orientation as there's just no way a throttle cable pull could change float position - even if the cable ripped the slide out of the top of the carb (also impossabru BTW lol).

But hey, I been there so many times bfore lol - I mean it's logical to assume that if your bike suddenly changes behavior to suspect the last thing ya did to it... and about 99% of the time that's exactly right - it's Murphy and that pesky 1% that can really mess w/yer brain heh