Pennsylvania frozen biker here

GoldenMotor.com

buck

Feb 26, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Greetings from frozen Pennsylvania!!!! Hello to all and thanks for having me aboard. The weather this morning was near blizzard conditions. -20F - too cold to do anything outside with a bicycle for me!!
I have been lurking around here for some time. Lots of good information, really creative people, and a friendly forum. Who could ask for anything more? Thanks/Buck .sno.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you live in a "build all winter-ride all summer" climate.

reclaimer

Oct 8, 2009
pa
hi ya, welcome aboard. I'm guilty of lurking far more than I post, there are just so many nice bikes, ideas, and helpful peeps here.

anyhow I think it was -10 here in north western pa when I got up yesterday, we dodged the snow tho. thank god too we got hammered last weekend 2feet+. I'm about 50miles south of lake erie.

Go Go spring, lol

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
I'm down in Erie Pa and i haven't missed a day of riding yet.
I ride the snow every day.

Stud the tires dress warm and hold on.

buck

Feb 26, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
.sno.Erie, isn't that the coldest spot in Pennsylvania & the most snow??? Rich, i read some time ago that there was a magistrate test case in Millcreek that clarified that motor assisted bicycles were legal in Pa. Certain restrictions, under 50cc, max speed, etc. Would you happen to have any information on this??? This would really help the Pa bikers that after research on the legality, are totally confused. Too many conflicting laws. Thanks / Buck

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
I'll see what i can find.
The police have never bothered me here.
Rick Filippi is my wifes lawyer and my dads landlord.
Maybe he can help he was the city mayor.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
i'm pretty sure JBCRUsin has his mb registered in PA as a WHIZZER.
Maybe see if he has some input as well.
Maybe we can register as Whizzers.

Anyway i'm the most curious about carrying insurance.
If we can get insurance thats really the worrse fine. " up to $600 for a car "

Then we could argue we got insurance and tried to register but the state ran us in circles.

We would have effectivly done everything possible to be leagal even got insurance and technically we don't even have to do that.

Therefore a + on our part.

I'm gonna call around today.
Anyone know any insurance agents personally?

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Mann got pulled over today.
They said i got to register it.

Didn't ticket me.

I don't know what to think.