First Build: Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
Picked up a Cranbrook cruiser from Wally World for $90. Got my 66cc Chinese motor on it and I'm ready to roll. Having a blast for a first build and wouldn't mind building a ton of others..!

This picture's from my university newspaper. I should get a better picture pretty soon, though... image attached!

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I'd definitely add a front brake as soon as I could as well.. Other than that it's a nice build... I'd also be a bit leery of leaving the fenders on the bike as they can cause some bad wrecks if the brackets come loose.

Be careful... these things can become quite addictive...

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
I'd definitely add a front brake as soon as I could as well.. Other than that it's a nice build... I'd also be a bit leery of leaving the fenders on the bike as they can cause some bad wrecks if the brackets come loose.
Thanks! I did remove the rear fender, I'm gonna remove the front one as soon as I remember.

Currently I'm having a bit of trouble with the carburetor sliding off of the intake and leaking air... can't really get more than a 1/4 mile without pulling over to the side of the road. Might put some RTV sealant on there to tighten things up.

Be careful... these things can become quite addictive...
Oh I believe it!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ah crap I didn't mean to post that here. Sorry about that meant that on my build thread. It's a suntour disc brake fork that I put on the bike for better stopping. As for stopping the carb from working it's what off you can adapt a better clamp like a stainless steel clamp so it doesn't untorque itself.

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
Ah crap I didn't mean to post that here. Sorry about that meant that on my build thread. It's a suntour disc brake fork that I put on the bike for better stopping. As for stopping the carb from working it's what off you can adapt a better clamp like a stainless steel clamp so it doesn't untorque itself.
I'm gonna have to get one of those brackets. I love my disc brakes...

A clamp could work. If I can't get one to work, would silicone adhesive do the trick?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
You might try like some silicone gasket maker because that'll also seal up any sort of leak you have with a better clamp. If it continues to fall off I'd look at your carb and your intake manifold because I had the same problem and my intake manifold ended up being ovaled near the end.

When you get her up and going come on over to Missouri and I'll race ya!

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
You might try like some silicone gasket maker because that'll also seal up any sort of leak you have with a better clamp. If it continues to fall off I'd look at your carb and your intake manifold because I had the same problem and my intake manifold ended up being ovaled near the end.

When you get her up and going come on over to Missouri and I'll race ya!
Gotchya. I'm gonna grab some Permatex silicone RTV something-or-other and get to work then.

Hey, cross-country road trip! I'm down! (^)

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
That'd be like what 3 MAYBE 4 gallons of gas? Ha I wish I could say I have been far on my bike. Longest journey was 52miles at a meet this Summer. My bike is a trailer queen that always get transported in my car to wherever I wanna ride at lol.

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
That'd be like what 3 MAYBE 4 gallons of gas? Ha I wish I could say I have been far on my bike. Longest journey was 52miles at a meet this Summer. My bike is a trailer queen that always get transported in my car to wherever I wanna ride at lol.
Haha, about 6 tanks of gas, not even 4 gallons of gas for 800 miles... not doing too shabby!