Could This Fit A 4 Stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Didnt realize that the drilled toptube tank would be so small.
GT2S 1/2gal! That sounds cool.
Ya, that really bummed me out too, I really REALLY wanted to use the top bar as a tank but it's just not fat enough.

This is the GT2-S frame (S for straight) and not ideal for a 4-stroke but it fit.

The GT2-A is the S shaped frame with a 2-stroke pedestal mount.
That happens to be ideal for a 4-stroke even if the pedestal is not needed, it's that S shaped down tube that gives you the room down by the BB to get the engine lower.

The new real Skyhawk 2015 'Pudgy Tire' GT2-A frames with support for 3" wide tires and rear disc are coming.
Throw a set of Fito wheels and fenders on it and there ya have it ;-}

http://bicycle-engines.com is an authorized Skyhawk dealer and ordered a bunch.
That stuff gasbike has is fake.

BAH!
I need more bikes like a hole in the head.

Some good looking bikes KC
Thanks.
And I know what mean about too many bikes.

I finally got everything out of here, even the MotoPed!
All I have left is the shop bike I let my help use.

Now that's a tank. 1.6 gallons, 6 liters!
I'd sell it too but I can't get my money out of it, it cost me $300 just to make that fake tank real.

That's OK, my helper loves it and it gets him to work on time.

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Interesting.
Just be careful with that, the CDI/Mag magnet is not something you want to cut into and balancing around it may not be all that friendly.

If it works and makes a difference by all means share what you did!

Ya, I built a couple 79's, way more of a hassle and expense to justify them to me unless you really need to push an overburdened bicycle way past 40mph.

They will do that, but then it comes down to how to stop the thing, wheel bearings, even tires.

Thanks, I build lots of different neat things and having tons of fun doing it.

Sorry, but I am forbidden from directly answering any direct question like yours regarding my new parts sales business anywhere but in the Vendor area.
Got to keep the forums free of 'ad clutter' and what not, you'll have to use one of those other ways to talk about what I can do for you.
I understand about the parts and vendors. I'll check ya out in the vendors section or just go to your site. Shaving the cooling fins is nothing new and on the HS 142f the fins are on the face of the flywheel, magnets are on the side so the fins are no big deal to shave, really they are just one more area of parasitic horse power loss since the cooling shrouds are off the motor anyway. It may be only a fraction of hp but every little bit helps these little 4 strokes. I'm also talking with a machinist friend of mine about CNC,ing a new flywheel and installing neodymium magnets, from all the information I have gathered neodymium magnets throw a much hotter spark. As a 35 year H.D. mechanic, I have built hundreds of high horse power Harley motors, turbos, supercharged, nitrous, from the old flatheads to the twincams. I love tinkering with motors and am finding a great deal of joy in these small 4 stroke motor's. I'm really looking forward to getting the HF 79cc predy next week. Thats going to be a project motor before it even gets fired up or mounted in a bike. I think I have a deal made on a 60s era schwinn Panther II for $20.oo, complete and it's a desert bike so it's in nice shape to. That will be the candidate for the 79cc predy motor, mounted in the vertical position. I'll tell ya KC, I haven't had this much fun on two wheels since I first started building and wrenching and riding H.D.s back in the 60s. Keep up the great work your doing on these bikes, I love the fact that you are one of the guys looking to improve through experimentation and innovation, thats when the cool stuff starts happening!!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Shaving the cooling fins is nothing new and on the HS 142f the fins are on the face of the flywheel, magnets are on the side so the fins are no big deal to shave, really they are just one more area of parasitic horse power loss since the cooling shrouds are off the motor anyway.

It may be only a fraction of hp but every little bit helps these little 4 strokes.
Indeed every little fraction of HP makes a difference.
That is why I am doing 144F 53cc engines and not the common 142F 49's, putting in longer plugs, and striping off the can exhaust.

I think you are on to something simple that can't hurt.

The flywheel has a pair of magnets on one side, and a counterweight on the other.

I see no reason you can't whack off a dozen 3cm long fins off it.
6 on each side right down to base plate.

No matter how ya spin it, that is resistance.

I'm also talking with a machinist friend of mine about CNC,ing a new flywheel and installing neodymium magnets, from all the information I have gathered neodymium magnets throw a much hotter spark.
Ahh... I wouldn't go that far, with a good plug it puts out a great spark.
Do the exhaust and you have about much improvement as you are going to get without big bucks.

Keep up the great work your doing on these bikes, I love the fact that you are one of the guys looking to improve through experimentation and innovation, thats when the cool stuff starts happening!!!
Thanks for the Kudos, but I am just one of those 'lucky guys' is all.
Thank you Kenda!

Kenda is my wife that makes enough to keep us happy on her own pay so I can play in the shop with what I can make there even just playing with wild ass ideas that may or may not pan out, but I am pretty creative guy with a good sense of what I want for parts to build with is all.http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I love those 7G kits!!!

The bikes I've built with those kits are some of the most reliable that I soldl!!

I had one customer ride his 7G bike from Los Angeles to the Oregon border & back!!! (^)

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I love those 7G kits!!!
The bikes I've built with those kits are some of the most reliable that I soldl!!
I had one customer ride his 7G bike from Los Angeles to the Oregon border & back!!! (^)
I am just not a fan of floating the clutch bell/pulley on an oilte bushing on the engine shaft.

The darn things start sounding like a cymbal banging wind up monkey on crack in no time.

https://youtu.be/_73NU6OlNuw

I didn't like the freewheel output sprocket either, had to weld more than one when it failed either, you have to pull the whole belt system to the bell to pedal.

But there just isn't any good way to mount to a straight long shaft engine.

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Funny... I've never had any of those problems with the dozens I've built.
The only problem I've ever had was the nut that holds the small drive sprocket will loosen over time if you don't add a large dose of red Loctite, & a small dab of high quality grease on the brass clutch bell bushing will keep that clutch bell quiet & spinning free for a real long time.

A little extra prep (& know how) when you assemble them really seems to go a long way. ;)

Jasoninwisconsin

Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
Here goes mine its got a staton friction drive with a gp460 with some mods bike will do 50 mph plus. Its a decent bike frame is built like a tank brakes are good everything else is ****. Im building new rims for it after that it should be good I also got new tires i was not a fan of the kenda flames.