Predator 212 engine won't idle

GoldenMotor.com

tylerv

Aug 9, 2015
sacramento
Finally got my HF Predator 212 engine running except that it will only run at half choke and the engine will not idle unless you flutter the throttle to keep the RPMs from dropping causing my engine to stall, I have my engine tilted vertical but it runs great once it gets going it just won't idle, even when I turn the idle screw all the way in, any suggestions? Tyler Virga.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Maybe the throttle cable needs some adjustment? It should not have to run on half choke.....somethings not right obviously. What carb are you running? Post some pics.

tylerv

Aug 9, 2015
sacramento
Yup, it was the jet, I've read that the HF engines tend to have small jetting so i opened up the bowl and drilled out the jet and now it runs perfectly.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That would be the main jet. The ethanol in the gas here in California causes little jelly beads to form if it sits too long in the tank (and float bowl). The result is clogged jets and your engine will not start.

The remedy is to pull the carb off, take it apart and clean it thoroughly. It's simple but a pita as well.