Schwinn Lakeshore 4 Stroke Build

GoldenMotor.com

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
So I'm starting with a bike just like this one. I will be losing the rear rack for now and eventually making a new sturdy one for it that can be used to haul minor amounts of cargo.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/qhfgu.nqxry/v/vspfiles/photos/S4012A-3.jpg?1360430808

The plan is to redo the fender supports in such a way as to hopefully prevent any failures while staying true to the old school feel of the bike.

Currently the bike is torn down and being sandblasted as I'm repainting it to a metallic red with a white stripe down the fenders. Kinda going for a hot rod look.

I ordered the 5G engine kit from bike berry and will try to take plenty of good photos of it before its all assembled so people have so references as some of the exact specs of its parts seem to be unknown such as which shaft type it has.

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
Plans for today are build the new supports for the fenders and finish sand blasting if I have time.

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
Thanks guys! I didn't get a chance to work on it last night had a couple blacksmithing projects on the honey do list to finish and ran outta time.

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
Ok guys progress has been made.

Here is where it was when I started today only some of the finish had been removed.

Here is where it sits till tomorrow.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
First of all,,, nice bike for a build and best wishes on the entire process!

On the rack subject.... If you dont plan to put very heavy loads on the rack like maybe 20lbs or less, I'm sure the stock rack will do a good job, but if you plan to haul some heavier loads from time to time you might just scrap the stock rack and go for something like this which will take a much heavier load.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Mountai...579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5408fc1b03

Last edited:

Skjaret

Apr 12, 2015
usa
Unfortunately the bike is on hold while friend of mine puts the replacement derailer on and sets it up. Then i need to file the new crank gear to match the old one cause its a hair off causing the chain to bind.