Chain adjustment on 4G from Bike Berry

GoldenMotor.com

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
I have been hearing noise, like clattering on the bike since I first started riding it. It did sound like a chain hitting something. I removed the cover on the left side of the motor which houses a chain driving the bike. I found a lot of "slop" in the chain. My question is: What king of adjustment, how much, and how do I adjust it?
The other two chains are adjusted properly and need no adjustment, and are not hitting anything.

Thank you for reading this;

Dave

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Thanks... I took another look at the transmission chain, and did find a master link. Has anyone removed a link from this chain? Is it easy to do? Removing the link from the 415 is simple, but I suppose removing the link from the transmission chain is a little tricky.......thanks for your input!
Dave

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Its a pocket bike gearbox that Bikeberry named a "5G" to make buyers think it was like a 4G gearbox.
There is no way to adjust the chain tension.
Yep, and it rates down there with the Stage III in my book.

The '5G' is for the short shaft clutch included 142F isn't it?

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
It is a double chain, and I'll post a pic a little later today. It is 5:30 am and I am not awake yet,,,,,,I really don't know if it is a long shaft or not. How do you tell the difference?

Last edited:

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Unfortunately I am not able to upload the photos I took. The x and y resolution is 300, I don't have an answer why there are failing to upload.
Dave

Last edited:

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Thank you very much for your answers to my problem. I have been riding everyday on the bike with this new motor, and all is quiet. No clattering like a loose chain. I did not adjust anything, put the cover back on, and everything is hunkey-dorey. Was the noise from just breaking in the motor? I have not heard any noise except the running motor. It looks like the chain is at it's proper length. I wonder what was making all that noise I was hearing. It really sounded like a clattering loose chain that need to be adjusted. But I was wrong. Thanks for reading this.
Dave