Build help

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Hey again guys,

Say I am considering making my own frame, well I am going to do that, though I am wondering about these 4 strokes. Would really like to pull up to a pump and just fill up the tank, and not have to worry about the oil. I am planning on making a rat rod, stretch style bike so she is going to be fairly long. I am wanting to keep up with traffic if not pass them :D

I am looking at a jack shaft kit with a shifter kit, and was wondering what else would be needed?

Obviously the better the motor the higher the price, but I don't want to break the bank of this thing either. I plan on running her hard and often, around town and back and forth to work each day.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What speed is 'keeping up with traffic if not passing'?
I find a nice off the line and ~35mph max to run with most any local road traffic and you can get that with a 49cc and 3-speed internal hub.

The good things about 3-speed hubs is it's a single drive sprocket for alignment and it pops off with a retaining ring and can be changed for like $8 to get the gearing you want.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
35 would be a nice cruising speed....Though if needed would be nice to go a little faster if needed.

Now just need to find a decent 4 stroke, the jack shaft kit, and....well a frame. Lol