Huffy Panama Jack 50 cc

GoldenMotor.com

stinkfoot

Jul 10, 2014
Boston
Greetings gents, I humbly present to you my newest toy.

I purchased this bike from an older gentleman, been sitting in his garage for a year. After a week of running up and down hills I finally got it fired up! Runs smoooooooth. .shft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Loop

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
Ha ha, I built a Panama Jack as well... I looked in to see how yours turned out. Nice clean build and looks really good, how's that cup holder working out for you?

Do you still have the rear fender reflector? If so... keep it because it makes an excellent enclosure for an LED light with a little work!

P.S. Watch those tires, they were rotted on mine when I bought it brand new from Wallyword.

stinkfoot

Jul 10, 2014
Boston
Because of this bicycle I am living my childhood all over again. I drive a fancy car (2009 BMW 328XI) and man I tell you this is the most fun i've had in my entire life.

I'm saving a fortune on gas and maintenance when compared to my bimmer, saving roughly 1,000 a month riding this bad boy.

Keep it humble people! Ride motorized bicycles! #revelation

.wee.

stinkfoot

Jul 10, 2014
Boston
I do have a few quirks to work out on this bike. It needs to be choked on a cold start and then let the choke all the way down once its running. Quite a bit of rattling I think it's the wood grain inserts that's on the bike, I may remove them.

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
The first thing I did was remove the inserts. The cantilever accent by the head tube is held on by 3 tabs with rivets, 1 bottom 2 top (ground these off). the rack accent I threw away and replaced with 1" x 1/4" real oak strips ($7).

The seat that came on mine also rattles, vibration rattles the springs against the spring mounts.

One thing that is nice about these bikes... when I'm bored, I sit on the rack while riding! Need to move the seat back here, it's so comfortable I almost forget it's only rated for 26Lbs.

I did replace the wheel hubs and spokes as well. The rim rings are ok, a little badly built with a flat spot at the seams. I still use the rings but are pretty damaged, ride softly not a dirtbike yet! The bearings in those hubs however, should not hold up very long, maybe 6-months of heavy riding and they'll act little grains of sand in the grease!

Christina

Jun 27, 2019
Can you give me some advise? I have a huffy panama jack that i want to add a motor too, I've read on it a bit should i add front and back breaks first since its a coaster? Also im....270lbs....what would be the best motor I read that something between 50cc and 80cc is best for my weight. Anything advise will help.

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
Can you give me some advise? I have a huffy panama jack that i want to add a motor too, I've read on it a bit should i add front and back breaks first since its a coaster? Also im....270lbs....what would be the best motor I read that something between 50cc and 80cc is best for my weight. Anything advise will help.
Any of the motors should be good, I suspect they’re all 49cc no matter what they claim lol.
put at least a 40 tooth rear sprocket on it it will help pulling power