How much can you rotate lifan / loncin 50cc 70cc

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm fairly certain the transmission wouldn't be effected, but this seems still somewhat unexplored territory w/the horizontal four strokes - doing a bit of digging around this was the most I could come up with... fairly obvious & not very helpful I'm afraid;

(tilting CRF50 45° or more)
The head oiling will work but the oil pickup under the crank will not. You would need to figure out some way to get the oil to the pump pickup, probably not easy to do. Also the crankcase breather is at the back and would drain oil out. Also the crank decompression hose will be spit oil out like crazy which is why you cant hold wheelies a long time.

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
I'm fairly certain the transmission wouldn't be effected, but this seems still somewhat unexplored territory w/the horizontal four strokes - doing a bit of digging around this was the most I could come up with... fairly obvious & not very helpful I'm afraid;
Thats solid food for thought that i probably would've never have found , preciate it

Silver State Cycles board tracker I got to ride at a Willow oval race last year.
This motor was a clutchless 4 speed shifter.
i wonder if he modified any of the oiling system, its so clean i wouldnt doubt it , but on the other hand it looks like its a subtle enough degree hmmm

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
i like that, clever trick for rule of thumb. i ended up not doing this build though, hope it was the right decision lol

I'm now doing a HF 79cc and agk is out of jackshafts or something to that effect . So now i'm scouring the interweb for a guaranteed to work alternative

Once again though, Great info

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Bmi has the plate to a tav.... Basically a jackshaft... Or you could buy the tav and sell the clutch parts...save the shaft and plate

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
You'll be using only the jackshaft.... Won't matter
do you happen to have a couple links or a quick part list or something along those lines ? i'm unfamiliar with bmi or the tav setups but i'm down to learn or look

I was looking into the GTC jackshaft because its priced great andddd its been done. i wish someone knew more about it like first hand. You can mount a gx160 to it and gx200 so i dont see why not a gx120 since they have the same bolt pattern

GX120

http://engine.honda.ca/Content/engi...0_DD.jpg?Crop=auto&maxwidth=700&maxheight=360
------
GX160

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/honda/gx160a.gif

------

Plus i feel like i should be taking this vid for proof enough, but everything over a hundred gets the double check-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtGj8oVxb0

Last edited:

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
I feel like i'm going to buy this then someones gonna show up and tell me i'm doing it wrong haha.

**Update** i convinced myself with my own post, i bought the GTC i'll share my delight/ misery when it comes lol

:-|| < brnot

Last edited:

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
I considered a similar pitt bike motor for my build. In my research I found references to guys doing a lot of stunt riding having to modify the oil pickup, which I believe is toward the front/middle of the motor. When tipped for extended periods it could get starved for oil. Ultimately I found a vertical motor.