Silver State Cycles Build

GoldenMotor.com

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Just curious,

What's the height between the engine mounting plate and the bottom of the top tube (The one under the gas tanks)?

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
From the plate to bar is probly 12 1/2 to 13 inches.The mount is probly another 3 inches.If you need exact numbers It will have to wait til morning.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
( Cartman ) SUPERSWEET !! (^) Couple O questions. What rear hub are you using? What's the hangy downy thingy on the rear axle?? is the extra lever on the R side of the handlebar something to do with the rear hub? AND is that a Sick Bikes freewheel setup on the peddle crank???? Loving this build and its coming together quick! Good job Moto!

Reactions: chainmaker

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
( Cartman ) SUPERSWEET !! (^) Couple O questions. What rear hub are you using? What's the hangy downy thingy on the rear axle?? is the extra lever on the R side of the handlebar something to do with the rear hub? AND is that a Sick Bikes freewheel setup on the peddle crank???? Loving this build and its coming together quick! Good job Moto!
Thanx.. Rear hub is a Sturmey 5 speed internal (5xrd I think)70mm drum.
Thing hanging is part of cable mount for hub,that is not hooked up yet.
Lever is a Turbo button...really it's a thumb throttle.
Yes SBP freewheel.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
very cool....youre gonna sell alot of bikes for Scott!
Thanx..I hope so he's a good guy with good prices!People are commenting on the Silver State Name on the tank. It comes bare from SSC. I put the name on tank.Just like my last 3 builds.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Took a bunch of pictures on my phone,which are to large.So I will be taking some more pictures soon.Still waiting on a few parts ...the. I can get her on the road.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks sooo good, waiting for riding impression.. :)
Thanks....I have only got to 3 rd gear so far.Having problems with the torque pulling my.jackshaft when I get on the gas. I will be working on it this week. Will update with some finished build photos and some good jackshaft news!

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
It's good waiting for good news. :)

On my 99cc build, I was having the same problem of the torque twisting and moving the shaft. I kept tightening the clamps, and it helped for awhile, and it started to get worse and worse. When I first took it apart, I found that the u-bolt started to marred into the paint. I tighten a little more without thinking about it. I kept tightening it up for awhile. It started to get worse,I took it apart and found that the seat tube was cringe. I think that's when it started to get worse progressively. I filled up the cringe location with some welding and that fixed it for about 60miles or so. I'm now on a different set up for the 212. Anyhow, the U-bolts had very little surface are to bite into the seat tube, and can easily twist/turn with the torque of the motor.

I know scotto has really good clamps that bite into the seat tube instead of cringing it like the set up I had.

Would you be able to connect it to your motor mounting plate?

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
It's good waiting for good news. :)

On my 99cc build, I was having the same problem of the torque twisting and moving the shaft. I kept tightening the clamps, and it helped for awhile, and it started to get worse and worse. When I first took it apart, I found that the u-bolt started to marred into the paint. I tighten a little more without thinking about it. I kept tightening it up for awhile. It started to get worse,I took it apart and found that the seat tube was cringe. I think that's when it started to get worse progressively. I filled up the cringe location with some welding and that fixed it for about 60miles or so. I'm now on a different set up for the 212. Anyhow, the U-bolts had very little surface are to bite into the seat tube, and can easily twist/turn with the torque of the motor. .shft.

I know scotto has really good clamps that bite into the seat tube instead of cringing it like the set up I had.

Would you be able to connect it to your motor mounting plate?
Yep I know what you mean about damaging seat post tube.If I would have thought about it more the seat tube would have had a solid section. So I could class.l the bajesus out of it. Now I'm trying the clamp section on both side with bolts pulling them together.
My mount was made from a aluminum I beam.If you look a few pages back in this thread you will see some pictures.