break in for 4 stroke 49cc

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Get on the bike, "grip it and rip it". When you first put oil in use a conventional motor oil for the first 10 to 15 hours. Change your oil and replace with a quality synthetic, check/set the valves, tune the carb (if needed), and your good to go.

roadrockett

Feb 2, 2013
gilroy california
my latest problem is with the coaster brake it seams to be binding every 6 or 8 revolutions the chain will get very tight and then big violent bang then it's ok for a few revs . I have rebuilt the brake hub and greased it all up and still has that bang. I think I will have to convert it to a front caliper brake

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
my latest problem is with the coaster brake it seams to be binding every 6 or 8 revolutions the chain will get very tight and then big violent bang then it's ok for a few revs . I have rebuilt the brake hub and greased it all up and still has that bang. I think I will have to convert it to a front caliper brake
I had pretty much the same problem. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I decided my life was worth more than the cost of what a disc brake on the front would cost. I rarely use my coaster brake anymore. If I could put a disc brake on the rear tire as well, I would.