Crash-N-Burn

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here are a few pics of the aftermath that my race bike sustained when it crashed into a concrete wall the morning of New Year's Eve........some serious damage here. I was visiting some friends at my old work and when my throttle stuck open going through a crowded parking lot, the 212cc beast took off without me so to speak. I hurt as bad as the bike looks for the last week now, what a way to end the last year......ouch!

The crash bent the right side chain and seat stays, ripped out half of the 48 spokes, taco'd the T-10 Halo rim, ripped the rear Halo hub in half and the bike landed upside-down on the handlebars and seat while stuck at 3/4 open throttle till it ran out of gas. I would love to see video footage of this accident......would be pretty spectacular. About $400 worth of damage.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm sorry to hear something like that happened. Hope you recover fast. Bikes come and go, but it's no fun to be sore from a crash.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
That looks horrible, it's sad to see such a marvel of engineering to just crash and break in a matter of minutes. I hope your okay and get better soon. I bet the damage to the bike hurt you more than anything :'( that sucks!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Daaaam! Scotto- ! I know that hurts! I hope that you are healing up well.
Perhaps the resurrection of the bike will be a blessing. They say all things happen for a reason, just most of the time we don't know why until afterwords... long afterwords.
If you need any help, just call me.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Holy smokes Scott! Good thing you didn't get seriously injuried because it looks like the bike smashed into the wall hard.
Looking at the 4th pic down, did you snap(cracked) the rear hub?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Holy smokes Scott! Good thing you didn't get seriously injuried because it looks like the bike smashed into the wall hard.
Looking at the 4th pic down, did you snap(cracked) the rear hub?
Yeah Ken, it ripped that Halo hub in two......very impressive. I'll post some more pics when I dismantle it. And yes, I'm very lucky I didn't get more beat-up than I did......and even luckier no one got killed by a raging 212cc bull out of control. Thank you all for your concerns, I do appreciate it. It keeps my faith in mankind and to the one who is really in charge......I'm thankful!

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I hope you are okay ! Wrecks SUCK wether @ 20 or 120 $400 in damage only cause youll fix it yourself. I must agree a drag bike teather switch will stop that from happening agian. Hope you dont feel as ruff as the bike looks.
Rick
P.S. one of the thrills of racing is crashing! Race long enough and it will happen.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I hope you are okay ! Wrecks SUCK wether @ 20 or 120 $400 in damage only cause youll fix it yourself. I must agree a drag bike teather switch will stop that from happening agian. Hope you dont feel as ruff as the bike looks.
Rick
P.S. one of the thrills of racing is crashing! Race long enough and it will happen.
Unfortunately I wasn't racing, I was out on a joy ride pleasure cruise lol

I'm fine, the bike's still hurtin' tho....

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Pretty amazing you were'nt hurt worse or anyone else nearby...as a side note to the kill switch I was chatting with Scotto & he stated he has one installed it got wet & failed! I wonder if some sort of jamming device a person could use to stop the chain or sprocket to minimize damage to life & limb? I've never heard of a kill switch failing like this but ya never know?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Man what idiot would wear that LOL! I would like to see them invent an air bag suite I believe that is feasable but it'd need to be hooked to a dead man switch when thrown from the bike IMO.

They do make a bear suite but that thing is way bulkey!

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Wow Dude! You must be living right not to have been more seriously hurt. LOL

I know it can't be, but, it looks like your rear tire is still aired up. Thats not so, or is it?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
George, you're too slow. Grand Prix bike racers have had them for a couple of years now.

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
wow, sorry hear of the crash. that bike had some power. I also wish you also had it on tape. split the rear hub amazing.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Scotto, sorry to here about the mishap. Do you know what made the throttle stick? I don't have a kill switch on my bike, and I do worry about shutting it off in an emergency, but I just don't want to add more wires to my handlebars. Anyway, knowing how yours stuck might give me some insight on what to look for when doing pre-ride inspections.

Gilbert