No spark

GoldenMotor.com

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
Hello

I have a 66cc Zoombicycles engine kit 2 stroke after finally working out all the bugs it ran fine for about a week and than I noticed the muffler bogging up with oil. I ran a leaner mixture and it seemed to work fine. Than I tried to start it again it wouldn't start. Did a few tests and it seems that theres no spark being generated. I recently bought new NGK plugs and tested with the stock plugs aswell. Traded CDI things with my friend and same problem Im assuming it's either the wiring or the thing that creates the spark. First question what is the thing that creates the spark and where is it located. I'm assuming it's inside the casing where the wiring goes. What can I do to try and fix the problem?

Thanks

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hello

I have a 66cc Zoombicycles engine kit 2 stroke after finally working out all the bugs it ran fine for about a week and than I noticed the muffler bogging up with oil. I ran a leaner mixture and it seemed to work fine. Than I tried to start it again it wouldn't start. Did a few tests and it seems that theres no spark being generated. I recently bought new NGK plugs and tested with the stock plugs aswell. Traded CDI things with my friend and same problem Im assuming it's either the wiring or the thing that creates the spark. First question what is the thing that creates the spark and where is it located. I'm assuming it's inside the casing where the wiring goes. What can I do to try and fix the problem?

Thanks
There is no ONE thing that creates a spark. Basically....Starts out with a rotating rotor (magnet left side behind the front cover) inside a coil. Voltage transferred through wires to the CDI, and out of CDI through the plug lead to the spark plug.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBeJuoS--VQWwXysc07rpscTUbPzgc93xjiQBgsyFjc/edit

Last edited:

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
Thanks that link was very helpful.
I took off the magneto cover and carefully took off the gasket and found that the inner part where the magneto and magnet are is covered in dry mud. Apparently the gasket does not work. Would this be my problem??