New Year's Resolutions

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I've made New Year's resolutions, discarded some, while other goals will forever be part of my life. One of them was to donate blood platelets every two weeks @ the Blood Bank of Hawaii. I resolved to continue doing this for the rest of my life, or as long as the bank will have me. Another was to quit smoking, which I was able to do since January 1970. This year, I vowed to commute to work with my motorized bicycle every day, rain or shine. The "rain or shine" commitment was mentally challenging, even tho the weather is great 97% of the time. Making the bike dependable and maintaining it well was not easy.

2012 New Year's resolutions:

I will not allow my wife and son to smoke in our home anymore. Presently, they're banned from doing so in my presence, so they smoke elsewhere in the house.

I resolve to earn my motorcycle license in 2012, after acquiring my permit in 2011.

I WILL fix and insure my 1985 Honda 150 scooter and get it on the road. It just needs to fix the flat tire(new), fix the speedo and secure loose body panels.

I WILL get my 2006 Whizzer roadworthy.

I WILL get Project 29er up and running in 2012.

I will try to use less sick leave at work next year.

I will try to be more productive @ work.

I will try to be a better husband, a better father and the very best brand new grandfather. They will call me "Pops".

I will try to understand and share the road with "cagers".

I will try to be a better human being.

How about you guys?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have many, but my main resolution is to stay employed, as my company is being gobble up by a larger one. Gotta be prepared to job hunt.
I need to get my motorcycle license too, as I recently bought a 1969 Honda S90 to restore, and I should have the title soon.
My motor bicycling resolution is to answer more questions from newbies. Without them, the hobby will fade away.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Good ones, guys.

My New Year's resolution will be to represent the MB community with honor and good-naturedness.usflg

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Mike B - You should consider the advice of Baloo the Bear in the Jungle Book: "Forget about 'em. They aint nothin' but trouble!"

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nah, I like women.

My wife of 30 years died of cancer about a year ago and I think I am ready to start dating again.

But I'm scared crapless.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
i heard a old saying that goes around the automotive repair shops that fits here....if its got ???s or tires it will give you trouble eventually. just joking all

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Nah, I like women.

My wife of 30 years died of cancer about a year ago and I think I am ready to start dating again.

But I'm scared crapless.
Sorry to hear about your wife, Mike.

No fear. Just keep involved in activities, religious or otherwise.

They'll find you.dance1

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
They ain't found me yet.

I got into this motorbike thing to keep me busy and give me something to do besides sobbing.

I got 1 more to build and then I'm done.

Time to move on.